Two Plus Two Older Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Older Archives > Limit Texas Hold'em > Mid-High Stakes Shorthanded

Old 12-05-2005, 04:22 PM

Default who you callin a LAG??!?!

guy in this hand was 37/14/3 with a WtSD of 33 after close to 1K hands

Preflop: Hero is BB with A[img]/images/graemlins/heart.gif[/img], 9[img]/images/graemlins/heart.gif[/img].
<font color="#666666">3 folds</font>, <font color="#CC3333">Button raises</font>, <font color="#666666">1 fold</font>, Hero calls.

Flop: (5 SB) J[img]/images/graemlins/spade.gif[/img], 7[img]/images/graemlins/spade.gif[/img], 3[img]/images/graemlins/heart.gif[/img] <font color="#0000FF">(2 players)</font>
Hero checks, <font color="#CC3333">Button bets</font>, <font color="#CC3333">Hero raises</font>, Button calls.

Turn: (4.50 BB) K[img]/images/graemlins/heart.gif[/img] <font color="#0000FF">(2 players)</font>
<font color="#CC3333">Hero bets</font>, <font color="#CC3333">Button raises</font>, <font color="#CC3333">Hero 3-bets</font>,
Old 12-05-2005, 04:28 PM

Default Re: who you callin a LAG??!?!

He may be agro, but are you getting a better hand to fold? He could potentially be on a draw, and have this be for value, but not too often. I just call his raise, and check raise the river if I hit.
Old 12-05-2005, 04:29 PM

He's not folding anything to your turn 3-bet unless he's bluffing. Your flush draw is easily disguised because he'll be more worried about a spade on the river than a heart, so you'll get 4 bets on the turn/river whether you 3-bet or call his raise and checkraise a heart river.

I just don't see much fold equity here. Maybe you are just a closet LAG.
Old 12-05-2005, 04:30 PM

I don't really get the flop check raise. usually if I think my A9s is good I'll 3bet preflop.

or is there something about this flop that you think makes your hand stronger than villains all of a sudden?
Old 12-05-2005, 04:32 PM

Much prefer a 3 bet preflop. I would call the turn raise and check/call a river blank or checkraise if you hit the heart. Not enough opponents are good enough to raise turn and fold for 3 bets.

-DeathDonkey
Old 12-05-2005, 04:40 PM

[ QUOTE ]
Much prefer a 3 bet preflop. I would call the turn raise and check/call a river blank or checkraise if you hit the heart. Not enough opponents are good enough to raise turn and fold for 3 bets.

-DeathDonkey

[/ QUOTE ]

my normal play is to 3 bet it PF, I just decided id do something different this time..dunno why :/

I thought that with his high AF number, and that turn card being such a good card for him to be aggresive with, and a relatively low WtSD number that I had a shot at folding a better hand, and lots of outs if I didnt.
Old 12-05-2005, 05:40 PM

If Villain might play TT-88 this way, I like the 3-bet as a variation; making it standard would be a bit much though IMO. [img]/images/graemlins/smile.gif[/img]

What was your river plan unimproved? I'm kind of torn because the only better hands he would fold are A[img]/images/graemlins/spade.gif[/img]X[img]/images/graemlins/spade.gif[/img] type hands; are these enough combinations to make a bluff worthwhile? Probably, but I'm not sure.