Two Plus Two Older Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Older Archives > PL/NL Texas Hold'em > Mid-, High-Stakes Pot- and No-Limit Hold'em

Old 12-05-2005, 03:33 PM

Default deep 2/5 Pot limit - AKo straddled on the button

The game is pretty good. It's an 8-handed 2/5 game, but since just about every hand has someone straddle 10 to 20 on the button, it's playing like a lot bigger game. Most of the stacks are at least $2K deep.

I'm straddling my button for $10 and find A[img]/images/graemlins/spade.gif[/img]K[img]/images/graemlins/heart.gif[/img] with around $1,450.

TAG player (~$1K) limps for $10, good LAG raises to $40, another good LAG ($4K) calls, rock folds, SB folds, BB folds, TAG reraises to $150, LAG #1 (original raiser) folds, LAG #2 calls, I call.

Flop ~$500 - K[img]/images/graemlins/spade.gif[/img]T[img]/images/graemlins/diamond.gif[/img]4[img]/images/graemlins/spade.gif[/img]

TAG checks, LAG bets $500, I push for $1,300

My image is very tight...
Old 12-05-2005, 04:00 PM

Default Re: deep 2/5 Pot limit - AKo straddled on the button

bad. Pot too big, stack too short for a decent amount of FE. Plus LAG leads into the entire field which normally is a sign of "lets play a big pot". What do you expect to fold here?
Old 12-05-2005, 04:07 PM

[ QUOTE ]
bad. Pot too big, stack too short for a decent amount of FE. Plus LAG leads into the entire field which normally is a sign of "lets play a big pot". What do you expect to fold here?

[/ QUOTE ]

what do you suggest then? call and call a blank turn? fold? fold PF?

i think he has some sort of combo draw...spades plus gutshot or spades plus mid pair. he has a set or two pair here < 20% of the time, i think.

EDIT: also, he has to put me on a big hand when i cold-call a limp-reraise after only playing 2 hands in the last hour.

i expect him to call 100% of the time

i also think 3 of his outs are dead since TAG has QQ/JJ and i have the A[img]/images/graemlins/spade.gif[/img]
Old 12-05-2005, 04:10 PM

[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

I think if you call a raise and reraise with AK, then you have to be willing to play for your stack here in this situation against a LAG. I think the all in gets rid of any flush drawers and now the decision is on the LAG.

I like it.
Old 12-06-2005, 12:46 PM

he called and it turns out he just had 87[img]/images/graemlins/spade.gif[/img] for the flush draw. turn and river blanked, MHIG.

i think the key for me was that this guy would make this bet with hands that are a lot worse than mine. once i see the flop and he bets, i think the push is really my only move. maybe i could have played it differently preflop.

his bet seems bad to me. he ought to know that TAG has a hand with the limp-reraise...and he ought to know that i have a hand for calling it. the two of us are really too short stacked for his semi-bluff bet on the flop to be effective.