Two Plus Two Older Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Older Archives > Limit Texas Hold'em > Micro-Limits

Old 12-04-2005, 03:39 PM

Default Re: TT in an uncomfortable situation

I don't mind the preflop 3-bet, but I would sometimes call with good position to check-raise villain if he autobets after being the PFR (especially if the flop is ragged).

Fold the turn. I've seen enough to believe I'm chasing a 2-outer most of the time.
Old 12-04-2005, 04:04 PM

thoughts/question kind of:

For MP3 having TAG stats his play is messed up preflop with the call/cap play, OP what kind of hand range are you putting MP3 on, for that matter CO too? But lets say that MP3 is holding 77 and felt like capping it preflop, I think this happens enough to be discussion worthy(usually with worst cards). What do we now think of MP3's play? By checking the flop he is screaming out a monster? He is expected to bet the flop no matter what, and if he bets is anyone necessarily giving him credit for a K or better? While at the same time a lot of people will not bet this flop when MP3 checks, even when they have something. Thus MP3 has a possible isolation raiser to his left, a button who only god knows what he is cold calling with right there, probably a suited connector or close JT, J9.. and the SB who 3-bet preflop. Now SB (hero) could have a could reasonably have AA-TT and AKs. So on this flop there are 6+3+3=12 ways that SB hit the flop and 6+6+6=18 ways he didn't. Now I think it is pretty reasonable to assume that SB will bet out on this turn to see where he is a lot of the time with all of these holdings. So my question is what kind of FE does MP3 have on the turn if his read on SB is that he is capable of laying down hands? Would this almost be a good play?

I've been thinking a lot lately about ways in which I can get people to fold better hands than mine. I don't think this is necessarily the best spot to try it, but I think it is intersting because what was everyone's first impression to MP3's flop play? Can this thought progress of the average tag be used against them? Just a little food for thought
Old 12-04-2005, 04:54 PM

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
Grunch.

Bet the flop. If MP3 raise you, you are beat and can throw the hand away feeling good about yourself. Will only cost you 0,5BB to find out instead of 3BB following your line here and I can't really see you winning this hand.

[/ QUOTE ]
I don't think you're going to get much information by betting the flop. What if MP3 is slowplaying like everyone thinks because he is so awesome and flopped a set of Kings? He's probably going to just call. What do you do on the turn if you get called on the flop?

[/ QUOTE ]

My feeling is that if I bet the flop with 2 hearts out there, he will get more scared than if I just check it. He will most likely show strenght instead of just cold calling. It happens very seldom they just call with a set on a flushdraw board. But ok, if he would just call... I would get really suspious (spelling?) because of the preflop action and I would check it to him on the turn watching his move and go from there with any reads I have on him.
Old 12-04-2005, 07:32 PM

[ QUOTE ]
Grunch.

Bet the flop. If MP3 raise you, you are beat and can throw the hand away feeling good about yourself. Will only cost you 0,5BB to find out instead of 3BB following your line here and I can't really see you winning this hand.

[/ QUOTE ]

Here's the thing. You have TT. It's a nice hand, and you made a very reasonable decision in 3-betting it preflop. You got capped.

When you get capped preflop, you are up against either a bigger pocket pair than TT, or you are up against AK. What that means is that when you have 99, TT or JJ, it is capped preflop, and big paint hits on the flop, you are screwed.

As soon as Hero saw that K on the flop, he should realize that there is no way he is winning this hand. Either villain has an overpair (AA), a set (KK), or a pair better than his (QQ, JJ). If villain has QQ or JJ he may well be scared of the overcard on the board, but even then he's probably not folding.

I understand that it feels weak to give up on pocket Ts in this spot, but realistically Hero needs to realize that he has either been outdealt or outflopped and its time to get on to the next hand.

I honestly think that against the typical microlimit "TAG", open-folding the flop is superior to any line that involves you putting more money in the pot.