Two Plus Two Older Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Older Archives > PL/NL Texas Hold'em > Small Stakes Pot-, No-Limit Hold'em
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 12-02-2005, 07:48 PM

Default Condering the action, what are you doing on a river push here?

Villian wasn't unreasonable. Somewhat solid. Check/call, check/raise (over bet pot). Yeah, he could have Ax that isn't two paired, but where do you draw the line OR do you just mindlessly call here?

Party Poker No-Limit Hold'em, $ BB (10 handed) FTR converter on zerodivide.cx

saw flop|<font color="#C00000">saw showdown</font>

UTG+1 ($95)
UTG+2 ($205.75)
MP1 ($98)
MP2 ($109.27)
MP3 ($99.50)
CO ($185.91)
Button ($83.09)
<font color="#C00000">SB ($100.55)</font>
BB ($73.35)
<font color="#C00000">Hero ($110.70)</font>

Preflop: Hero is UTG with J[img]/images/graemlins/diamond.gif[/img], A[img]/images/graemlins/spade.gif[/img]. SB posts a blind of $0.50.
Hero calls $1, <font color="#666666">3 folds</font>, MP2 calls $1, <font color="#666666">3 folds</font>, SB (poster) completes, BB checks.

Flop: ($4) 8[img]/images/graemlins/heart.gif[/img], A[img]/images/graemlins/diamond.gif[/img], 9[img]/images/graemlins/spade.gif[/img] <font color="#0000FF">(4 players)</font>
SB checks, BB checks, <font color="#CC3333">Hero bets $3</font>, MP2 folds, SB calls $3, BB folds.

Turn: ($10) A[img]/images/graemlins/heart.gif[/img] <font color="#0000FF">(2 players)</font>
SB checks, <font color="#CC3333">Hero bets $5</font>, <font color="#CC3333">SB raises to $19</font>, Hero calls $14.

River: ($48) 7[img]/images/graemlins/spade.gif[/img] <font color="#0000FF">(2 players)</font>
<font color="#CC3333">SB bets $45</font>, Hero calls $45.

Final Pot: $138
Old 12-02-2005, 07:50 PM

Default Re: Condering the action, what are you doing on a river push here?

Fold preflop. Bet more on turn. I find that when I bet somewhat small and get raised, my subconcious tells me it's only because I bet so small.. that's not good, IMO. I think I find a fold.

I really think PSB on turn eliminates some confusion.
Old 12-02-2005, 07:52 PM

[ QUOTE ]
Fold preflop. Bet more on turn. I find that when I bet somewhat small and get raised, my subconcious tells me it's only because I bet so small.. that's not good, IMO. I think I find a fold.

[/ QUOTE ]
Old 12-02-2005, 07:52 PM

well if i was SB and had AK or AQ i wouldn't raise preflop either.
Old 12-02-2005, 07:53 PM

[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

Game was ok to limp this hand UTG. I agree with the PSB on turn. If he then pushes or comes over the top? There are a lot of Ax hands he could have here, but how big a pot will villian want to get into OOP when I've been showing strength?
Old 12-02-2005, 07:54 PM

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

Game was ok to limp this hand UTG. I agree with the PSB on turn. If he then pushes or comes over the top? There are a lot of Ax hands he could have here, but how big a pot will villian want to get into OOP when I've been showing strength?

[/ QUOTE ]

you have stats on opponent?
Old 12-02-2005, 08:05 PM

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

Yeah, he's typical really. Around 23/5/3.... reasonable, not great. Don't have WTSD W$ handy.
Old 12-02-2005, 08:12 PM

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

Yeah, he's typical really. Around 23/5/3.... reasonable, not great. Don't have WTSD W$ handy.

[/ QUOTE ]

i like the thought of him completing the SB preflop with A9-A2. i also think he is not going to raise preflop with AK or AQ. i feel, IMO, that you're best to split. but then again, i'm on the far side of pessimistic. but with 23/5 over ...well, i'm assuming around 100 hands or so i wouldn't be surprised if it doesn't hold up. also, y does he only bet 45 instead of pot??? oh its the PP slider isn't it. i looked at it for a minute and was real confused. he took the time to slide that to 45$, i'd let it go.
Old 12-02-2005, 09:24 PM

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

i like the thought of him completing the SB preflop with A9-A2. i also think he is not going to raise preflop with AK or AQ. i feel, IMO, that you're best to split. but then again, i'm on the far side of pessimistic. but with 23/5 over ...well, i'm assuming around 100 hands or so i wouldn't be surprised if it doesn't hold up. also, y does he only bet 45 instead of pot??? oh its the PP slider isn't it. i looked at it for a minute and was real confused. he took the time to slide that to 45$, i'd let it go.

[/ QUOTE ]

hehe... yeah, I would figure that if he had a boat, and he can safely put me on a Ax here, that a push should be in order as most people won't lay down boarded trips, specially Aces. Who knows, but he showed: 88. And I thank him for not losing more, cause if he pushes, I want to lay the hand down, but not sure if I do.
Old 12-03-2005, 02:47 PM

[ QUOTE ]
Game was ok to limp this hand UTG.

[/ QUOTE ]

Glad it worked out for you.