Two Plus Two Older Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Older Archives > Tournament Poker > One-table Tournaments
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 11-30-2005, 10:34 AM

Default Re: OT: I\'m a Lifer

[ QUOTE ]
god damn, i hate school, got 1 semster left, 16 hrs, i'l grind it out... but man will it suck... i'l save up 8347182751827304982734 dollars, and then really have fun.

I need to figure out what laptop is best to play 9 or 10 tables with the new partypoker beta thingy. This will do wonders for the traveling multitabler. Hijack- right now i have a ibm t41 w/ ~1400x1100. i think i'm gona go with ~2100x1400 prolly one of the behemoth dell's, take both laptops (just in case) and use internet cafes, is there any flaw in my planning? Or should i go the get internet in apartment/hostel route with a 2001fp+laptop?

Also, verizon offers hi-speed wireless dsl ($60/month w/ voisplan)... i wanted to know if there was nay wya to use that with a desktop. do they make pcmcia-->usb adapters?

[/ QUOTE ]

Dell 6000 (15.4") with uwxga screen (1920x1200). Or Dell 9300 (17") w/uwxga screen

what laptop does 2100x1400?
Old 11-30-2005, 11:01 AM

[ QUOTE ]
i think i'm gona go with ~2100x1400 prolly one of the behemoth dell's, take both laptops (just in case) and use internet cafes, is there any flaw in my planning?

[/ QUOTE ]

Yes, you push marginal hands too often from early position. [img]/images/graemlins/tongue.gif[/img]
Old 11-30-2005, 01:38 PM

wtf... who are u? and how do u know that, i push from EP to increase FE, is that bad thinking? AK UTG, w/ 11x BB 10 handed is an easy push... maybe u could PM me some examples of what i do... or hit me up on AIM at GanJAthar? (man, this got HIJACKED)
Old 11-30-2005, 02:37 PM

Good Luck. From a dude with a business,a wife, a mortgage. and 3 kids I say....Live the dream. I am jealous of your new found freedom. See the world enjoy yourself. If you are comfortable with the risks go for it. Degrees are for people who desire them period.

Please throw us old guys a bone and send pics of hot aussie chicks etc. so we can live vicariously through you.

Straight Flushes,

SAM
Old 11-30-2005, 04:32 PM

If I have to read one more post about your globe-trotting, hot chick seeing, awesome life, I will stab you in the neck with a rusty ice cream cone in February.
Old 11-30-2005, 04:33 PM

[ QUOTE ]
If I have to read one more post about your globe-trotting, hot chick seeing, awesome life, I will stab you in the neck with a rusty ice cream cone in February.

[/ QUOTE ]

Apparently Unarmed is living Ric Flair's life now.
Old 11-30-2005, 04:56 PM

[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

UnArmed just notified me that he won't be hangin' with SFB & Yugo in mid-December because he's staying in NZ longer with some hot chickadee....I guess he doesn't know fun when he sees it....I mean, c'mon, what's wrong with an overweight old man who goes to bed at 6:30PM and a "PCF" who wouldn't know pussy if he fell in it [img]/images/graemlins/wink.gif[/img]