Two Plus Two Older Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Older Archives > PL/NL Texas Hold'em > Small Stakes Pot-, No-Limit Hold'em
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 11-17-2005, 06:21 PM

Default last one - 77 v Uber-LAG 6Max

I don't usually play 6 max, so I was a little unsure here. This guy was 55/20/3...

Party Poker No-Limit Hold'em, $ BB (6 max, 6 handed) FTR converter on zerodivide.cx

MP ($261)
CO ($353.55)
Hero ($249.90)
SB ($93.95)
BB ($200)
UTG ($245.20)

Preflop: Hero is Button with 7[img]/images/graemlins/club.gif[/img], 7[img]/images/graemlins/diamond.gif[/img]. SB posts a blind of $1.
<font color="#666666">2 folds</font>, <font color="#CC3333">CO raises to $6</font>, Hero calls $6, <font color="#666666">2 folds</font>.

Flop: ($15) 9[img]/images/graemlins/spade.gif[/img], 5[img]/images/graemlins/diamond.gif[/img], 5[img]/images/graemlins/club.gif[/img] <font color="#0000FF">(2 players)</font>
CO checks, <font color="#CC3333">Hero bets $14</font>, CO calls $14.

Turn: ($43) 4[img]/images/graemlins/heart.gif[/img] <font color="#0000FF">(2 players)</font>
CO checks, Hero checks.

River: ($43) T[img]/images/graemlins/club.gif[/img] <font color="#0000FF">(2 players)</font>
<font color="#CC3333">CO bets $25</font>, Hero calls $25.

Final Pot: $93
Old 11-17-2005, 06:23 PM

Default Re: last one - 77 v Uber-LAG 6Max

I think a good case could be made for folding the river, unless this guy enjoys check/calling the flop with no pair no draw in order to weakly bluff at the river if you check the turn.
Old 11-17-2005, 06:24 PM

I think I bet this turn to get a free showdown. Checking here leaves you vulnerable to a push bluff on the river. If you can call a push then that isn't a big deal but I don't think I could. If you're checkraised on the turn you can probably safely throw it away.
Old 11-17-2005, 06:26 PM

Looks pretty good to me, although his flop check does look kind of fishy. I might check behind there, and evaluate after seeing the turn.

Well played IMO.
Old 11-17-2005, 06:27 PM

[ QUOTE ]
I don't usually play 6 max, so I was a little unsure here. This guy was 55/20/3...

Party Poker No-Limit Hold'em, $ BB (6 max, 6 handed) FTR converter on zerodivide.cx

MP ($261)
CO ($353.55)
Hero ($249.90)
SB ($93.95)
BB ($200)
UTG ($245.20)

Preflop: Hero is Button with 7[img]/images/graemlins/club.gif[/img], 7[img]/images/graemlins/diamond.gif[/img]. SB posts a blind of $1.
<font color="#666666">2 folds</font>, <font color="#CC3333">CO raises to $6</font>, Hero calls $6, <font color="#666666">2 folds</font>.

Flop: ($15) 9[img]/images/graemlins/spade.gif[/img], 5[img]/images/graemlins/diamond.gif[/img], 5[img]/images/graemlins/club.gif[/img] <font color="#0000FF">(2 players)</font>
CO checks, <font color="#CC3333">Hero bets $14</font>, CO calls $14.

Turn: ($43) 4[img]/images/graemlins/heart.gif[/img] <font color="#0000FF">(2 players)</font>
CO checks, Hero checks.

River: ($43) T[img]/images/graemlins/club.gif[/img] <font color="#0000FF">(2 players)</font>
<font color="#CC3333">CO bets $25</font>, Hero calls $25.

Final Pot: $93

[/ QUOTE ]

Id much rather bet the turn and check behind on the river, than check behind on the turn and call the river.

Why give him a free chance to hit his overcards?
Old 11-17-2005, 06:54 PM

[ QUOTE ]
I think a good case could be made for folding the river, unless this guy enjoys check/calling the flop with no pair no draw in order to weakly bluff at the river if you check the turn.

[/ QUOTE ]
other than 99, i can't think of a hand that he raises with preflop and checks the flop with except unpaired overs. when he called i figured that he was either sand-bagging or running a delayed bluff. i decided that i was checking the turn and going to call on a non-paint river. i wasn't sure enough of my hand to bet the turn and would have had to fold to a check-raise.

villain had A[img]/images/graemlins/diamond.gif[/img]J[img]/images/graemlins/spade.gif[/img] and MHIG
Old 11-17-2005, 06:58 PM

I concur with iceman. His weakish river bet means either (1) he spiked his K-10 or A-10 on the river or (2) he's reacting to your check on the turn thinking your flop bet was a steal attempt. Either way, the solution is to fire again on the turn, particularly b/c turn wasn't a scare card.

I put villain on A-10 or A-J. How'd I do?

TF
Old 11-17-2005, 07:03 PM

i personnaly dont like the turn check. if you put him on overs then effectively you are giving him infinite odds to draw by not betting and i dont like the idea of not betting here. there are too many scare cards that can hit where he can bluff you off the hand. luckily he missed and bet. good hand though. i may just be tighter then most but thats my usual line. cant beat me now, pay to try
Old 11-17-2005, 07:20 PM

[ QUOTE ]
i personnaly dont like the turn check. if you put him on overs then effectively you are giving him infinite odds to draw by not betting and i dont like the idea of not betting here. there are too many scare cards that can hit where he can bluff you off the hand. luckily he missed and bet. good hand though. i may just be tighter then most but thats my usual line. cant beat me now, pay to try

[/ QUOTE ]

i didn't put him on overs, necessarily, i thought there was a decent chance he had something like AA and was sand-bagging me. weak means strong and all that...
Old 11-17-2005, 07:33 PM

I agree with how you played it.

not a fan of betting the turn.

I'm not sure why this forum is so obsessed with betting to protect when we aren't even sure we are ahead.

villain is 55vpip, 5 and 9 is not out of his range. its a bit presumtuous to automatically put him on overs.

its even more presumptuous to think that he'll call the turn with hands we beat then check to us on the river with the same range that he'll bet the river with if we check behind. that he won't check raise the turn on a bluff or fire the river on a bluff even after we bet the turn.