Two Plus Two Older Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Older Archives > Other Poker > Stud

Old 11-15-2005, 05:36 AM

Default FelicisLee? anyone? (L/C)... plus a thought about online stud-ers...

I haven't seen you/her post for a while, and, being aware of your/her health concerns and high-level play... I'd like to know how yer(she's) doin' these days...

so... ?

anyone know?

okay... some stud content:

I've been thinking about Stud a lot lately, and one thing keeps jumping out at me:

Stud players (at, say... party's 2/4 through 10/20 tables) seem to fit into one of two broad categories...

A: Players/ poker heads, who are card/gambling/poker enthusiasts, people that enjoy playing the most complicated and skillful form of poker (IMHO), and are generally TAG and hard to beat... and,

B: Hold'em players, that are generally compatent poker players, but really no good at stud... bored with HE, O/8, etc; they think: I'll take a shot at 7CS or 7/8... dabblers. Easy money, really, though some are skilled at their game, they aren't experienced/learned enough to hold their own in a tough stud game. they become better over time, but rarely become 'solid' at stud games... these are the guys that re-raise with [AK]8 on third, etc...

There are other archetypes, of course, but i'm genralizing.

Do you find this to be accurate, or am i waaaaayyy off?

hmmmm? ty.
Old 11-15-2005, 06:20 AM

Default Re: FelicisLee? anyone? (L/C)... plus a thought about online stud-ers.

This post made me laugh. So, if that's what you were going for, good work I guess.
Old 11-15-2005, 06:37 AM

When grouping poker player categories, always reserve a spot for drunks. This group is single handedly keeping poker sites afloat. Although very few of these players are actually drunk, they all play as though they are.
Old 11-15-2005, 10:28 AM

Default Re: FelicisLee? anyone? (L/C)... plus a thought about online stud-ers...

Its funny you bring up both of these topics, about felicia and the stud players, because I was thinking about both of them recently.

Felicia lee is the moderator in the O/8 forum I believe. I'm sure if you sent her a PM she'd be happy to reply.

I totally agree about your comments with the hold em players. I was at a 20/40 table and this one lag guy was totally running over the table. He never missed. It seems within the next coupla days he changed his style and totally tightened up.
Old 11-15-2005, 10:30 AM

[ QUOTE ]
When grouping poker player categories, always reserve a spot for drunks. This group is single handedly keeping poker sites afloat. Although very few of these players are actually drunk, they all play as though they are.

[/ QUOTE ]

Don't you just feel pathetic when you can't get their $$$?
Old 11-15-2005, 12:19 PM

PM felicia. She is on all the time. Do it soon though because she is going on a bunch of cruises and won't be on for a while as a result. That's why my name is in green for the time being, she needed help in the omaha forums.
Old 11-15-2005, 12:30 PM

Default Re: FelicisLee? anyone? (L/C)... plus a thought about online stud-ers...

Jeez, can anyone spell my name correctly? Good thing I found this thread, you fat fingered typist! [img]/images/graemlins/tongue.gif[/img]

I made a post here a week or so ago, about Stud games and their likelihood of a comeback. Guess it had a big impact, huh? [img]/images/graemlins/shocked.gif[/img]

Yeah, I'm in a mood today. I'd blame it on chemo, but that ended a while ago. I have the hair to prove it:

The steroids in the chemo cocktail made me a little puffy, but that has pretty much gone away altogether now (this pic is over three weeks old). Luckily, the steroids didn't shrink my balls at all! [img]/images/graemlins/blush.gif[/img]

A couple of weeks ago we went to Wynn to check out the 10/20 mixed games. Absolutely beatable. One of the softest games I've ever played outside of low buy-in NLHE. We played a rotation of Stud, Stud 8, Omaha 8, Crazy Pineapple 8, Razz and TDL. It was a forced rotation of every eight hands. Lots of eights in that game, huh? [img]/images/graemlins/wink.gif[/img]

This was my first attempt at playing Stud games since chemo started. I had no problem in the beginning, but after about four hours, started to crash pretty hard. Maybe in a few more months (and a few more cruises spent soaking up the healing sun), I'll be back to eight hour Stud sessions with no difficulty.

Thanks for inquiring about me. Don't I just feel special! Actually, I like it better when I'm getting flamed and stalked. Just feels more natural somehow! [img]/images/graemlins/ooo.gif[/img]
Old 11-15-2005, 02:18 PM

So you can't be a donkey stud player who never plays HE?
Old 11-15-2005, 04:48 PM

Felicia, you look great! Glad to see you're still healthy.

Adam
Old 11-15-2005, 05:37 PM

[ QUOTE ]
So you can't be a donkey stud player who never plays HE?

[/ QUOTE ]

I believe those are called "90-year-old rocks". They're often found in their natural habitat in the Connecticut woods (at the stud tables behind the podium). [img]/images/graemlins/smile.gif[/img]