Two Plus Two Older Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Older Archives > Internet Gambling > Internet Gambling
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 11-01-2005, 03:55 AM

Default Absolute\'s Rake Structure

I've been playing at Absolute since the Party split. I just noticed that they're rake structure is horrendous for small stakes. No wonder they're always giving out bonuses. Are other sites this bad? I miss the Party/Skin union.
Old 11-01-2005, 04:14 AM

Default Re: Absolute\'s Rake Structure

that's funny because my pokertracker is showing a lower % of pot for rake at Absolute than party for 2/4, 1/2, and .5/1

Is anyone else seeing something different? (I admit my absolute numbers are only a few thousand for each level as I just started there.)
Old 11-01-2005, 04:34 AM

For .5/1, it really depends on your game selection. Pots that run mostly $5-$7 are raked less at AP. Overall there is not much to choose from, in general low limit. NL games are identical.
Old 11-01-2005, 04:53 AM

Are you using PT to determine Absolute Rake? If you use PT and you don't have the most recent patch, it overestimates the rake at Absolute.
Old 11-01-2005, 10:16 AM

I believe he is referring to the fact that AP starts to rake their pots at much lower levels than PP does.Almost every hand where there is a flop at .50/1.00 at AP is raked as to where PP doesn't start to rake their pots until it reaches 5.00.
Old 11-01-2005, 10:52 AM

I think it was a fairly recent change. They used to have the same rake as Paradise (and Prima) .25 @ $5 then $10 etc. They now rake 0.05 for EVERY dollar (at 0.5/1). It makes a hell of a difference. On tightish Prima 6max tables only about half or slightly fewer hands are raked. On AP almost all are.

It makes clearing the bonuses at 0.5/1 less favourable than Paradise because hands can be raked but not count as raked hands for bonus purposes....on the other hand there is no RB on Paradise and at AP bonuses are not deducted from MGR.
Old 11-01-2005, 11:39 AM

Default Let me clarify (links)

I'm talking about 2/4.

Max rake of $2 starts at Absolute at 3 players, while Party waits til 4 players. (Don't play 3-handed)
Max rake of $3 starts at Absolute at 5 players, while Party waits til 6 players. (Screws you at filled 6max games)

Although both sites rake $1 for a $20 pot. Absolute will rake $0.25 every $5, while Party waits til there's $20 to rake $1. I believe that's a pretty big difference.

Absolute's Rake Schedule
Party's Rake Schedule

I'm not sure how this affects rakeback (uh, no rakeback at Party). Will I get more or less?