Two Plus Two Older Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Older Archives > 2+2 Communities > Other Other Topics
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 10-28-2005, 06:17 PM

Default Game Cube: Fire Emblem

Anyone have this game?

Is it goot?

I've been unable to find a good RPG since Final Fantasy X.
Old 10-28-2005, 06:21 PM

Default Re: Game Cube: Fire Emblem

How about we switch this thread to something interesting and discuss the following statement:

RPGs died w/ the PSX.

GO!

LDT
Old 10-28-2005, 06:23 PM

[ QUOTE ]
How about we switch this thread to something interesting and discuss the following statement:

RPGs died w/ the PSX.

GO!

LDT

[/ QUOTE ]

That is either a) impossible, or b) you do not mean the product officially known as the PSX but more likely c) both.

As far as fire emblem goes the gameboy one kinda sucked and i didn't finish it (tactics style turn based clone). I don't know anything about the GC one.
Old 10-28-2005, 07:26 PM

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]

RPGs died w/ the PSX.

GO!

LDT

[/ QUOTE ]

That is either a) impossible, or b) you do not mean the product officially known as the PSX but more likely c) both.

As far as fire emblem goes the gameboy one kinda sucked and i didn't finish it (tactics style turn based clone). I don't know anything about the GC one.

[/ QUOTE ]

It is extremely similar to the GBA games, but harder.
Old 10-28-2005, 07:37 PM

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]

RPGs died w/ the PSX.

GO!

LDT

[/ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

It is extremely similar to the GBA games, but harder.

[/ QUOTE ]

I would much rather see a new FFT game than play this one then. You hear me square? A new FFT for a non handheld please.
Old 10-29-2005, 11:51 AM

[ QUOTE ]
Anyone have this game?

Is it goot?

I've been unable to find a good RPG since Final Fantasy X.

[/ QUOTE ]

I got this game as soon as it came out and played through it. It is very enjoyable if you like strategy rpgs. If you have played Final Fantasy Tactics, Tactics Ogre, or the two fire emblem games released on the gameboy advance and liked the gameplay then you will love this game.

The game has an excellent story, but it's told in a way that is very different from FFX. The game features lots of cutscenes with written dialogue and no real exploration. Basically you go from battle to battle killing your way through the enemy soldier. It is nice if you hate the constant random encounters that plague most RPGs, but if you like to walk around and talk to all the yokels in every town this might not be what you want.

Somebody said it is harder than the GBA fire emblems and that is true. The game has a good tutorial system that teaches you whats what quickly. There is one thing that will be a bit of a problem to someone new to the series: Permanent death of your soldiers. If they die in battle, they are gone for the rest of the game. I like this feature as it really forces you to make optimal decisions. Lot of people think it makes the game to frustrating. Up to you, I guess.

It's a good game that I recommend getting, especially if you like turn-based strategy.