Two Plus Two Older Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Older Archives > Internet Gambling > Internet Gambling
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 10-11-2005, 05:44 PM

Default Welcome to the real world retards.

Honestly I cant beleive the stupidity, the niavity and lack of any sort of world experience of a lot of members of this forum, some of the posts the last few days have just been mad and I thought this was meant to be the best place for discussion about poker on the net god help the others if thats the case.

You guys dont understand that Party is now a big corporate listed business and is starting to act like it. Many large companies make decisions that are unpopular with their client base but they move on regardless of complaints and most of their customers suck up and go with it.

I have seen companies that desupport software that major multimillion pound clients still want to use and kick up a fuss about guess what they upgrade and stay with the software, sales still grow etc etc. People get made redundant out of the blue all the time in the real world guess what they reskill or move on and adapt you guys need to do this too.

Some of sticking your chests out and saying I generate loads of rake a month so what even the biggest player here is a small drop in the profits ocean that Party generates you really have very little clout. PLus the majority will move to party and follow the fish whatever they are saying now.

It has been obvious from Party planning to list that this was going to happen its come on quicker than expected but it was still going to happen. Does Walmart let other supermarkets have a few rows of shelves in their stores of course not the skins are the equivilant, with empire listing they are ripe for a takeover Party needs to protect itself from that amongst other things.

In any job you have to adapt to change, reskill or whatever those that have lost your rakeback deals instead on bemoaning it look for new oppertunities if you want to do poker as a job then over the years you will ave to adapt to changes and a probable consolidation of the market in years to come.

I suspect the next big change will be a total revamp of the affiliate program its a stupid model they have at the moment paying out 25% forever on any affiliate accounts. I suspect a lowered percentage, or a time limit on payment or maybe a total switch over to lump sum payments. They may even cut out affilites altogether and go for more standard marketing. They need to increase growth but also get more out of the current customer base the affiliate program is an obvious place for this.

Instead of moaning and groaning and saying party are stupid or evil or whatever start looking at yourself what are you going to do to adapt to the ever changing face of the poker world. Dont like what party are doing then move elsewhere noone else is going to look out for you start taking some personal repsonsibility instead of whineing on about changes you cannot influence.

Lets see some intelligent debate instead of the idiocy and scaremongering, start thinking what you are going to do to plug the rake hole some of you are in instead of bemoaning your luck we dont do bad beats here, its real life you have ahad a major paycut do somthing about it.

A bit of a rant post but some of the stupidity on this forum has got me a bit pissed off.
Old 10-11-2005, 05:51 PM

Default Re: Welcome to the real world retards.

Kind of off topic but this reminds me of a special on cancer treatments I watched on TV.

A publicly traded pharmaceutical company discovered/invented
a cancer treatment that would cure a certain type of childrens cancer. This treatment could cure a deadly cancer!! It actually worked.

Wasn't lucrative enough for them to make a profit so they quit making it, now all the children that get this cancer will most likely die.

Thats big business for you.
Old 10-11-2005, 05:51 PM

eat me
Old 10-11-2005, 05:52 PM

Correct. Do something.

I'm already lining up a band of "friends" to have a perpetual "bonus award scheme".

They write their rules. I write mine.
Old 10-11-2005, 06:00 PM

Your post reminded me of something.

Old 10-11-2005, 06:01 PM

[ QUOTE ]
Wasn't lucrative enough for them to make a profit

[/ QUOTE ]

Do you really think a cure for cancer wouldn't be lucrative enough to turn a profit? I guess it does make for a good, "Greedy Corporations are Evil" story.
Old 10-11-2005, 06:01 PM

honestly i cant believe how many people post in here to biatch about other people. and how much time did u spend typing out all that garbage?? u need to get a life and so do all the other people that have nine million posts all of them being a smart as s , and none of them are that bright!!!!lolhhahahahahah u dorks get a life
Old 10-11-2005, 06:02 PM

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
Wasn't lucrative enough for them to make a profit

[/ QUOTE ]

Do you really think a cure for cancer wouldn't be lucrative enough to turn a profit? I guess it does make for a good, "Greedy Corporations are Evil" story.

[/ QUOTE ]

Not if it was for a rare cancer.

Mack
Old 10-11-2005, 06:04 PM

[ QUOTE ]
honestly i cant believe how many people post in here to biatch about other people.

[/ QUOTE ]

LOL pettle bot clack
Old 10-11-2005, 06:04 PM

[ QUOTE ]

You guys dont understand that Party is now a big corporate listed business and is starting to act like it. Many large companies make decisions that are unpopular with their client base but they move on regardless of complaints and most of their customers suck up and go with it.

[/ QUOTE ]

In todays business world, the idea of keeping your customers happy is paramount. All successful business go out of thier way to satisfy the needs and wants of thier consumers or they ultimately end up with no business and fail. From time to time, a company might do something that is unpopular with thier customers, but they quickly fix what has gone wrong and certainly dont do it again. I don't know what imaginary world you are living in, but in the real world, the customer comes first. without them, you have no business