Two Plus Two Older Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Older Archives > Tournament Poker > One-table Tournaments
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 10-06-2005, 03:51 AM

Default Re: I think i might suck

[ QUOTE ]
From your posts I simply can't believe that you're single digits ROI in the $11s, so I'm guessing you're doing something that (for you) is retarded at the tables.

[/ QUOTE ]

I play the 22:s, but what your saying is you think i'm a better than a single digit ROI player based on my posts but that i probably don't play that way when it all comes down?

[ QUOTE ]
I guess I'm advising that you have a week of 2-3 tabling with no other windows open and see if you get more lucky.

[/ QUOTE ]

This is what i'm going to do, maybe not 3 tables though, that would have me insanely bored.

Sabz
Old 10-06-2005, 03:53 AM

[ QUOTE ]
This is what i'm going to do, maybe not 3 tables though, that would have me insanely bored.

[/ QUOTE ]
Not really, you could play 1 table and not think of everything that you possibly could on each hand, there just isn't enough time. If you're getting bored it's because you restrict how much you think you can or actually do analyze, and are not analyzing the plays of the hands you're in.
Old 10-06-2005, 07:11 AM

[ QUOTE ]
I am playing 8 tables now. But i really don't think that has an effect since when i played 4 tables i would surf on the internet or watch TV while playing. I have made 1 small misclick over the 2500 8tabling STT:s i have played. I am thinking of cutting back to 4 tables, but then it would take forever for me to get data with any kind of statistical validity.

[/ QUOTE ]

By replying, I'm risking you getting pissed off, but I think someone needs to be honest with you. The last sentence of the above quotation is a concern, as are the rest of your postings.

What are you trying to accomplish? You must be honest with yourself, and this need not be public, but it must be clear to you.

It appears to me that what is paramount to you is getting approval here. Who gives a damn about statistics if it affects your play? If you're good, you're good. Period. I'm impressed when someone posts their stats for 10k tourneys. I'm impressed someone has played that many. I'm not impressed that you are playing a lot so you can show how many you've played. It appears that the more you play, the worse you get. There is a correlation, believe me. Find it.

I can absolutely assure you, pergesu is correct. You couldn't play perfectly on a single table. No one can. You get bored? Figure out why. I like this game very much. It rarely bores me. If it bores me, I've played too much. I've found that when something bores me, I've stopped learning.

As always, Yoda rules. The answers you seek can only come from within yourself. No one here can look at what's going on in your head; no one can tell from your statistics and your hand histories what's going on in your mind. That's where you should start. If you know without a doubt your true self--what your motivations are and why you are doing what you're doing--then you should be able to find your answers. If you believe I'm full of it, I offer you a challenge. Play a month without reading or posting on 2+2 with a goal which does not involve playing 1000 tournaments. If you do not see a return to double digit ROI, then come back and start to work on why your play sucks.

Peer pressure, dude. No one is immune to that disease and few are aware they suffer it. That's what I think is your problem.

I should not post this, as no doubt it will piss you off, and may cause me further regret, but you asked for help and this is how I think I can help you. I hope you take it in this spirit. At least I didn't agree that you suck. [img]/images/graemlins/smile.gif[/img]

Best wishes,

CJ