Two Plus Two Older Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Older Archives > Tournament Poker > One-table Tournaments
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 10-05-2005, 07:12 PM

Default Re: I think i might suck

What changes have you made to your game? What stakes are you playing?

Also, I really suggest you post hands and listen to the advice of the players that you agree with. Frequently agreeing on the forums and playing correctly are very different (they definitely are for me [img]/images/graemlins/frown.gif[/img]).
Old 10-05-2005, 07:13 PM

I don't mind. Feel free to send me some HHs to analyse if you want. I think you have my email.
Old 10-05-2005, 07:14 PM

I reformatted my harddrive after the first 2000. So i dont have the stats. But i hade somewhere around 39% ITM in the first 1000, almost the same in the next 1000 i think. Only alot less first places. Over these last 1000 that i have saved i have like 35% itm. And i don't really care if im top 20%. I want to become better, and what happens is my results are getting worse and worse.
Old 10-05-2005, 07:17 PM

Yes i do have your e-mail. Thanks alot for the offer, i will do this as soon as i get home tomorrow. Now im going to go to bed and have happy dreams of KK turn into nightmares when xTeddyKGBx shows Aces.
Old 10-05-2005, 08:22 PM

[ QUOTE ]
I am playing 8 tables now. But i really don't think that has an effect

[/ QUOTE ]

Dude, get serious. 8-tabling significantly affects your play. Everybody thinks they can do it, but few are actually helping their hourly rate by playing 8 instead of fewer.

[ QUOTE ]
I am thinking of cutting back to 4 tables, but then it would take forever for me to get data with any kind of statistical validity.

[/ QUOTE ]

Would you rather be relatively sure that your true ROI is 3%, or quite unsure that your 20% ROI is sustainable?

Irieguy
Old 10-05-2005, 08:34 PM

Any chance the games are getting tougher?
Old 10-05-2005, 09:04 PM

[ QUOTE ]
I also feel that i am the unluckiest guy in the world.

[/ QUOTE ]

Trust me, you're not...I am.
Old 10-05-2005, 09:09 PM

I'm going to guess that by adding more tables, you are playing more passively. It is often conveinient to hit the fold button to move onto the next table, which means you're probably passing up good but marginal situations on the bubble and this is filtering through into your ROI.

From your posts I simply can't believe that you're single digits ROI in the $11s, so I'm guessing you're doing something that (for you) is retarded at the tables.

I may be entirely wrong, but it seems odd that your ROI is going down as the number of tables goes up.... which is what you would expect... and yet you attatch it no blame.

I guess I'm advising that you have a week of 2-3 tabling with no other windows open and see if you get more lucky.

Edit: I didn't see Irieguy's post.

Lori
Old 10-05-2005, 10:17 PM

I think that you are experiencing normal variance. Awhile back someone posted a simulator where you could put in various winrates and then run samples of 2000 games. It was pretty amazing what could happen over spans of 1000-2000 for definate winning players. True ROI between 5-10% produced some godawful swings even over 2000...(many in the negative). I played around with that sim and learned alot about how long the long run is. Examine your game, sure, but don't lose heart with those positive numbers.

Be well.
Old 10-06-2005, 03:42 AM

The reason why i don't think 8 tabling is the cause of this huge drop is that i am very rerely stressed taking any decision. I think about every hand before i take action. However, i might have been fooling myself and am infact not paying required attention to each decision as you say.

I think im going to cut down to 6 or maybe continuously 4 tables for awhile and see how it goes. Thanks for the replies.