Two Plus Two Older Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Older Archives > Limit Texas Hold'em > Small Stakes Hold'em
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 10-03-2005, 12:27 AM

Default 54s on a 6h5h4h flop.

{ Greektown 5-10, Eight handed )

BB seems to fold more than most at the table and HJ is a old Asian gentleman that plays conservativly post flop, and any ace preflop, and probably worse.

3 limps, I call with 5 [img]/images/graemlins/spade.gif[/img] 4 [img]/images/graemlins/spade.gif[/img] on the button, SB calls, BB checks.

6 players--- (6 SB)
FLOP: 6 [img]/images/graemlins/heart.gif[/img] 5 [img]/images/graemlins/heart.gif[/img] 4 [img]/images/graemlins/heart.gif[/img]

SB checks, BB bets, 3 calls, I raise, SB folds, BB calls, 2 folds (I guess my image is either really good or really bad, depending on your perspective,) Old Asian guy calls, I call.

3 players --- (7 BB)
TURN: 6 [img]/images/graemlins/heart.gif[/img] 5 [img]/images/graemlins/heart.gif[/img] 4 [img]/images/graemlins/heart.gif[/img] T [img]/images/graemlins/club.gif[/img]

BB bets, Old Asian dude calls, I call.

3 players --- (10 BB)
RIVER: 6 [img]/images/graemlins/heart.gif[/img] 5 [img]/images/graemlins/heart.gif[/img] 4 [img]/images/graemlins/heart.gif[/img] T [img]/images/graemlins/club.gif[/img] A [img]/images/graemlins/club.gif[/img]

BB bets, fold, I call.
Old 10-03-2005, 12:32 AM

Default Re: 54s on a 6h5h4h flop.

I'd call the flop, then wait for a non [img]/images/graemlins/heart.gif[/img] turn to raise. Given the way you played it, I still raise the turn.
Old 10-03-2005, 12:35 AM

[ QUOTE ]
I'd call the flop, then wait for a non [img]/images/graemlins/heart.gif[/img] turn to raise. Given the way you played it, I still raise the turn.

[/ QUOTE ]
Old 10-03-2005, 12:52 AM

</font><blockquote><font class="small">En réponse à:</font><hr />
</font><blockquote><font class="small">En réponse à:</font><hr />

[/ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]
I'll third this excellent advice. I believe there is a similar situation presented in SSH where the same line is advocated. No heart or six is folding the flop, and you'll be better able exploit your edge on the turn. If a heart falls you'll be happy you waited because it saved you money, and if one doesn't (nor another 6), you'll be happy you waited because it gained you more.
Old 10-03-2005, 12:56 AM

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]
I'll third this excellent advice. I believe there is a similar situation presented in SSH where the same line is advocated. No heart or six is folding the flop, and you'll be better able exploit your edge on the turn. If a heart falls you'll be happy you waited because it saved you money, and if one doesn't (nor another 6), you'll be happy you waited because it gained you more.

[/ QUOTE ]

I also have to worry about a 3 or a 7. I was thinking I should have just called the flop, like you guy's said, but I'm also thinking maybe I should even just call the turn and river as well.

I basically think it would have been best to play this whole hand like a call station.
Old 10-03-2005, 01:00 AM

[ QUOTE ]
I also have to worry about a 3 or a 7.

[/ QUOTE ]

So? No one is folding on the flop, or the turn for that matter with either of these holdings. You're getting more money in on the turn when they don't hit. If you got shown a better 2 pair, fine, don't sweat it. But not raising this hand if giving up too much IMO.
Old 10-03-2005, 01:58 AM

[ QUOTE ]
I believe there is a similar situation presented in SSH where the same line is advocated.

[/ QUOTE ]

But in SSHE wasn't the pot bigger? I play it the same. Then when I win, I ask why I didn't raise the turn. Donkbets baffle me.
Old 10-03-2005, 10:10 AM

[ QUOTE ]
Donkbets baffle me.

[/ QUOTE ]

Donkbets on a 3-flush flop are almost always a non-flush made hand. This shouldn't be baffling at all.
Old 10-03-2005, 11:27 AM

[ QUOTE ]
SB checks, BB bets, 3 calls, I raise, SB folds, BB calls, 2 folds (I guess my image is either really good or really bad, depending on your perspective,) Old Asian guy calls,I call.

[/ QUOTE ]

Did someone else raise or is this just a typo?
Old 10-03-2005, 11:46 AM

I think this is one of the rare cases where waiting for a turn blank to raise is the best play, cause a blank on the turn increases ur pott equity dramatically.