Two Plus Two Older Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Older Archives > PL/NL Texas Hold'em > Small Stakes Pot-, No-Limit Hold'em
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 09-28-2005, 02:35 PM

Default Re: for those playing 400 and above

I've been 4-tabling NL400 6max for almost 60k hands averaging 5.5PTbb/100. My true win rate is about $110/hour.
Old 09-28-2005, 03:14 PM

"Losers always whine about their best. Winners go home and [censored] the prom queen."

Money is fun, but compeition and winning is cool
Old 09-28-2005, 04:18 PM

I hope I'm not derailing this thread, but 4-tabling 6max! Do you find that forces you to pretty much ABC poker your way through everything?

I can't pay attention to player tendencies at all when 3-tabling 6max. For example, if a guy bets out with draws, or slowplays sets, or if he knows what he's doing.

How important are player reads to you when 4-tabling? Are VPIP/PFR/WTSD the only things we really need?
Old 09-28-2005, 04:29 PM

also as you move up game selection becomes more and more important.
Old 09-28-2005, 04:34 PM

4-tabling 6m is a piece of cake. You just add tables as you get used to it. I do it with 90% table overlap and it's fine.
Old 09-28-2005, 04:39 PM

[ QUOTE ]
I do it with 90% table overlap and it's fine.

[/ QUOTE ]
You need a better monitor TWP.
Old 09-28-2005, 04:43 PM

Haha yeah. I just bought a 21" CRT last week for $150 by looking at craigslist. I couldn't take the overlap anymore. Just check out craigslist and buy a cheap used 1600x1200 monitor.
Old 09-28-2005, 04:44 PM

[ QUOTE ]
Haha yeah. I just bought a 21" CRT last week for $150 by looking at craigslist. I couldn't take the overlap anymore. Just check out craigslist and buy a cheap used 1600x1200 monitor and take it with you when you fly between NYC and Atlanta every Sunday and Thursday

[/ QUOTE ]
Old 09-28-2005, 04:46 PM

I think it depends on the site. I know on the Party Network I've multitabled at the 5/10NL level and you run into the same bad players. You do get LAG's you get some calling stations who will call off their whole stack with middle pair. But I don't think even on Party you can 4 table at 5/10, 2 tabling is definitely possible. There are some very good players that you will need to observe.
Old 09-28-2005, 04:47 PM

[ QUOTE ]
I hope I'm not derailing this thread, but 4-tabling 6max! Do you find that forces you to pretty much ABC poker your way through everything?

I can't pay attention to player tendencies at all when 3-tabling 6max. For example, if a guy bets out with draws, or slowplays sets, or if he knows what he's doing.

How important are player reads to you when 4-tabling? Are VPIP/PFR/WTSD the only things we really need?

[/ QUOTE ]

you are either not going to believe me or think I'm a big idiot but of late I've been ignoring PT during play and only using it for postplay analysis. when I used PT during play, I actually did much worse than I am currently doing. Of course sample size for this new no PT method is only 20k or so so time will tell.

I find that you'll pick up on a player's looseness or tightness as well as aggression, quickly enough without PT's help and often a reliance on PT stats will give you wrong ideas about villain's postflop play. I pretty much ignore VPIP these days aside from those that are blinds to my button and those that are button to my BB. I try to focus on how they play a few key hands then interpolate to how they would play similar hands. a lot of times, you might miss a key hand but then the post hand comments in the chat alert you to look at your hand history for example.

by standards here, I am definitely TAG with 21/10 stats but I don't think I'm ABC. I'll occasionally blow away suspected continuation bets with nothing and also reraise suspected LAGs with nothing, check call down with top pair, call suspected missed draw river bluffs with Ace high, etc...

so while my stats probably show me to be ABC, I am able to make moves.