Two Plus Two Older Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Older Archives > General Gambling > Computer Technical Help
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 09-21-2005, 12:28 PM

Default Should I partition my drives....

I have a pretty fast system with a 160GB external hardrive for my music. Eventually it will be part of a high end PC audio sytem. Do I need to partition the external drive if it holds nothing but music. Should I partition my internals if they also hold music and the OS? How difficult is it to partition? I am running XP

thanks.
Old 09-21-2005, 01:05 PM

Default Re: Should I partition my drives....

I don't see any reason to partition the external drive if it's only going to have music on it. I always partition my physical drive that has the OS on it however. I keep only the OS on one partition, and everything else on the other.

You should look into getting Partition Magic - heck of a program that makes this task easy, and it's well worth the price.
Old 09-21-2005, 09:13 PM

[ QUOTE ]
I don't see any reason to partition the external drive if it's only going to have music on it. I always partition my physical drive that has the OS on it however. I keep only the OS on one partition, and everything else on the other.

You should look into getting Partition Magic - heck of a program that makes this task easy, and it's well worth the price.

[/ QUOTE ]

on a side note, if its possible i would create about 2-4GB of allocated space for virtual memory on the primary disk.
Old 09-21-2005, 11:36 PM

thanks