Two Plus Two Older Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Older Archives > General Gambling > Computer Technical Help
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 08-31-2005, 06:38 PM

Default Help with CD ripping problem

I've run into this before, but I can't seem to find the program I downloaded or what I did to get past it.

I have a brand new audio CD that plays fine in my car and my home stereo but my computer won't recognize it is even in the drive. I have many programs that can play and/or rip audio and none of them see the disk in the drive. I'm not having the problem with two other music CDs I bought today, they're working fine and I probably have some 1400 CDs I can play and rip on my computer.

All I want to do is rip the CD to my PC Library so I can send it to my MP3 players.

My memory is very vague, but I think it had to do with somehow using a piece of s/w to skip the first track on the adio which was data meant to confuse the computer or something like that.

Any ideas? Thanks for any help.
Old 08-31-2005, 08:51 PM

Default Re: Help with CD ripping problem

[ QUOTE ]
I've run into this before, but I can't seem to find the program I downloaded or what I did to get past it.

I have a brand new audio CD that plays fine in my car and my home stereo but my computer won't recognize it is even in the drive. I have many programs that can play and/or rip audio and none of them see the disk in the drive. I'm not having the problem with two other music CDs I bought today, they're working fine and I probably have some 1400 CDs I can play and rip on my computer.

All I want to do is rip the CD to my PC Library so I can send it to my MP3 players.

My memory is very vague, but I think it had to do with somehow using a piece of s/w to skip the first track on the adio which was data meant to confuse the computer or something like that.

Any ideas? Thanks for any help.

[/ QUOTE ]

What CD is it? Some of the newer copy protected CDs won't play in CD-ROM drives.
Old 09-01-2005, 07:12 AM

John Hiatt's - Master of Disaster

It was released sometime this year (2005).
Old 09-01-2005, 09:24 AM

Could it be the SACD hybrid format confusing the drive? If you plan on making mp3s out of it, you might as well download them. It was released on the net in May.
Old 09-01-2005, 09:37 AM

Yes, that is exactly what is going on. SACD hybrid that plays on both players that do and do not support it. Unfortunately, I haven't found a workaround that will allow my computer to read it.