Two Plus Two Older Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Older Archives > Tournament Poker > Multi-table Tournaments
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 08-14-2005, 05:44 PM

Default Re: QQ facing a weird flop raise

IMO it will be very difficult to garner any sort of new information if/when villian bets. This is one I just give up on the flop in an online game with stacks that shallow, for the reasons Lloyd mentioned. I can see the arguement for taking one off though given it's such a small raise, villian could have you on KK or QQ and raised a small amount with an OESD or even an outright bluff. Either way your call on the flop might slow him down on the turn. The river might be a different story though. If the turn goes check/check, do you allow him to bet at it, or do you throw in a small blocker? Sure seems like an easy way to lose precious chips...
Old 08-14-2005, 05:53 PM

[ QUOTE ]
any PP, KQ, QJ, JT, T9s, 78s, etc and trying to get me to fold KK, QQ, JJ.

[/ QUOTE ]
Honestly, I think you are thinking too much. A good player would certainly play those types of hands. But at this stage most people are just not that good. I think those times you just assume they have what they are representing will more than make up for the occasional time you're up against somebody putting a move on you.
Old 08-14-2005, 05:54 PM

Pardon me for bursting the bubble, but there's no way I can predict what I may or may not theoretically do if I stuck around for the turn or river.

I think the flop bet is telling enough, and I wouldn't count on QQ on such an early hand where weak aces are likely to show..
Old 08-14-2005, 05:55 PM

Default rest of hand...

ok, I called and turn is 6 [img]/images/graemlins/diamond.gif[/img], goes check check. River card is Kh, what's your action?
Old 08-14-2005, 06:18 PM

Default Re: rest of hand...

Check-raise. If you've stuck around this long chances are you've eliminated the straight and the push will make you money more often than a call or check-fold will lose.
Old 08-14-2005, 06:36 PM

[ QUOTE ]
Check-raise. If you've stuck around this long chances are you've eliminated the straight and the push will make you money more often than a call or check-fold will lose.

[/ QUOTE ]

[img]/images/graemlins/confused.gif[/img] [img]/images/graemlins/confused.gif[/img] [img]/images/graemlins/confused.gif[/img] [img]/images/graemlins/confused.gif[/img] [img]/images/graemlins/confused.gif[/img]
Old 08-14-2005, 06:40 PM

I check and hope he doesnt make a huge bet and hope I have the best hand. I really dont feel like losing more chips here than I need to.
Old 08-14-2005, 07:05 PM

If the 6[img]/images/graemlins/diamond.gif[/img] hadn't been dealt I'd have been more inclined to lay out a blocking bet just so the villian doesn't do anything crazy like bet the pot on the river. But now that the 6[img]/images/graemlins/diamond.gif[/img] has come on the turn, a check from you doesn't look as weak because many players will check a strong ace in that spot. I'd check and call almost any sized bet here.

But then again I would have folded on the flop [img]/images/graemlins/smile.gif[/img]
Old 08-14-2005, 07:08 PM

BTW, the more I think about this, the more I think you could move a weak ace off this hand on the flop. You'd have to be against a shrewd player, but don't you think part of the reason he'd raise with a weak ace is to try figure out where he's at and possibly end the hand right here? Perhaps I'm giving your opponent a little too much credit though.
Old 08-14-2005, 07:20 PM

If he was a shrewd player, he wouldn't call an UTG+1 raise with a weak ace in the first place.