Two Plus Two Older Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Older Archives > Other Topics > Sporting Events

Old 08-06-2005, 02:42 PM

Default Re: Yahoo Fantasy Football Leauge, anyone?

So the draft begins ASAP?

Also, these scoring rules are insane [img]/images/graemlins/blush.gif[/img]; touchdowns are ridiculously overvalued, thus randomizing things to a great extent.

Standard "good" rules are something like
4 pts per passing TD
1 pt per 20 passing yards
-2 per INT
6 pts rushing/receiving TD
6 pts special teams return TD (credited to individual)
1 pt per 10 rushing/receiving yards
-2 per fumble lost
2 pts 2 conversion
2 pts chip-shot FG
3 pts mid-range FG
4 pts 45+ FG
2 pts defensive TO
6 pts defensive TD (credited to defense)
1 pt per sack
2 pts per blocked kick
2 pts per safety
Old 08-06-2005, 03:13 PM

</font><blockquote><font class="small">En réponse à:</font><hr />
Okay, league's full up. Draft order will be random (thanks randomizer.org!) and will run in snake format (draft order reverses in even rounds). Thread will be up soon, so look for that and get ready to start making picks.

[/ QUOTE ]

Can we start the draft like, Monday morning maybe? Just to give everyone a little time to make any trades and get things planned and whatnot?
Old 08-06-2005, 03:14 PM

I don't like the whole offline draft. I'm sure you guys will have no trouble finding 1 more. I'm out.
Old 08-06-2005, 03:21 PM

[ QUOTE ]
I don't like the whole offline draft. I'm sure you guys will have no trouble finding 1 more. I'm out.

[/ QUOTE ]

WTF? I've had to tell nearly everyone this, even though it's in the ORIGINAL POST.

Okay, just to be clear -- the draft will be taking place IN A THREAD HERE IN THE SPORTING EVENTS FORUM. Once the league is full, I'll post the draft order and scoring rules (reviewing anacardo's suggestions now -- I'm sure Yahoo's default scoring blows), and other info here in this thread. As per a few people's wish to have time to potentially trade draft picks, I'll wait a day and a half to start the new draft thread.

Anyway, keep checking the forum. Once we get the last guy, the order and scoring will be up, and drafting shall commence pretty quickly after.
Old 08-06-2005, 03:24 PM

Default One more needed...

Old 08-06-2005, 03:30 PM

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

WTF? I've had to tell nearly everyone this, even though it's in the ORIGINAL POST.

Okay, just to be clear -- the draft will be taking place IN A THREAD HERE IN THE SPORTING EVENTS FORUM. Once the league is full, I'll post the draft order and scoring rules (reviewing anacardo's suggestions now -- I'm sure Yahoo's default scoring blows), and other info here in this thread. As per a few people's wish to have time to potentially trade draft picks, I'll wait a day and a half to start the new draft thread.

Anyway, keep checking the forum. Once we get the last guy, the order and scoring will be up, and drafting shall commence pretty quickly after.

[/ QUOTE ]

whoa whoa whoa whoa whoa whoa whoa ... whoa

you mean it's an OFFLINE DRAFT?!?!? why was i not informed? [img]/images/graemlins/grin.gif[/img]
Old 08-06-2005, 03:31 PM

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

whoa whoa whoa whoa whoa whoa whoa ... whoa

you mean it's an OFFLINE DRAFT?!?!? why was i not informed? [img]/images/graemlins/grin.gif[/img]

[/ QUOTE ]

*kick* [img]/images/graemlins/mad.gif[/img]
Old 08-06-2005, 03:32 PM

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
Okay, league's full up. Draft order will be random (thanks randomizer.org!) and will run in snake format (draft order reverses in even rounds). Thread will be up soon, so look for that and get ready to start making picks.

[/ QUOTE ]

Given the format, it looks like this is going to be a pretty relaxed, sprawling, perhaps multi-day affair (which will be an interesting change) so I don't think there will be a whole lot in the way of pressure.
Can we start the draft like, Monday morning maybe? Just to give everyone a little time to make any trades and get things planned and whatnot?

[/ QUOTE ]
Old 08-06-2005, 03:46 PM

I'd like in!
Old 08-06-2005, 03:49 PM

I'd like in!

Then join so we can get a draft going. [img]/images/graemlins/tongue.gif[/img]