Two Plus Two Older Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Older Archives > Limit Texas Hold'em > Micro-Limits

Old 07-22-2005, 07:27 PM

Default absolute poker what did i get myself into

Signed up for that poker tracker bonus on pokersources. Decided to go with absolute poker for their fat bonuses.
anyways, i deposit 100, first 2 hands are aces???
looks shady,
then, 9 hands later aces again? great right?
each time, some guy with another pocket pocket pair sets up.
6s, 9,s and 10s
does anyone else think this is more than a coincidence or something just seems odd to me?

anoyone else play absolute with success?
thanks
cdl
Old 07-22-2005, 07:36 PM

Default Re: absolute poker what did i get myself into

There's another deal where you sign-up at Absolute and get a free pattern mapper. That's the one I used, and I'm beating the game there at a robust 75BB/100.

Or maybe it's just a coincidence... [img]/images/graemlins/wink.gif[/img]
Old 07-22-2005, 07:36 PM

Absoutle Poker, well their a "bigger" poker site. Now, it seems that you did suffer an abnormal amount of bad luck when it came to your AA's. Although, we sometimes get caught up in the hustle and bustle of getting upset when we suffer bad beats it easy to say "the cards are rigged" and things like that.

However, with all the technology that is available today, a multi-million dollar company such as Absoutle would make sure their software was up to industry standard. Meaning, they'd have to close their doors in a bout a week if they were runnning bad software that was "rigged" or favoured other players.

We sometimes think that cards are millecious creatures with devious intent to milk us out of every last cent, however they are just peices of plastic, or in this case, just a random digital image.

Again, sucks pretty bad to loose AA's that much so quick, I have honestley never heard of that either, so thats too bad.
But to answer your question, unless Absoutle Poker was trying to ruin it's reputation and be shut down, these were random events. Wish you had of won with them,

Gl.
Old 07-22-2005, 07:45 PM

right now im on the verge of loosing/be, but this is absurd because i dont hardly ever loose at this level, i just want to stick it out for my 100 bonus! and for the tracker...
cdl
Old 07-22-2005, 08:28 PM

I just cleared my $100 bonus today and cashed $400 total. I thought Absolute was one of the better sites I've played over the last month. There are enough people playing to get the table you want and the tourney's are pretty decent also, IMO. Sorry about the bad luck with your aces. My aces seemed to of held up quite well this week.

dc
Old 07-22-2005, 08:32 PM

Absolutely Rigged is more like it.
Old 07-22-2005, 08:37 PM

The Great AP Swindle (aka: that`s what happened to poor hero on AP today within 10 hands):

Absolute Poker 1/2 Hold'em (9 handed) converter

Preflop: Hero is CO with J[img]/images/graemlins/spade.gif[/img], J[img]/images/graemlins/heart.gif[/img].
<font color="#666666">1 fold</font>, <font color="#CC3333">UTG+1 raises</font>, <font color="#666666">3 folds</font>, <font color="#CC3333">Hero 3-bets</font>, <font color="#666666">3 folds</font>, <font color="#CC3333">UTG+1 caps</font>, Hero calls.

Flop: (9.50 SB) K[img]/images/graemlins/spade.gif[/img], 2[img]/images/graemlins/diamond.gif[/img], K[img]/images/graemlins/heart.gif[/img] <font color="#0000FF">(2 players)</font>
<font color="#CC3333">UTG+1 bets</font>, <font color="#CC3333">Hero raises</font>, <font color="#CC3333">UTG+1 3-bets</font>, <font color="#CC3333">Hero caps</font>, UTG+1 calls.

Turn: (8.25 BB) T[img]/images/graemlins/spade.gif[/img] <font color="#0000FF">(2 players)</font>
<font color="#CC3333">UTG+1 bets $0.75 (All-In)</font>, Hero calls.

River: (9 BB) 7[img]/images/graemlins/heart.gif[/img] <font color="#0000FF">(2 players, 1 all-in)</font>

Final Pot: 9 BB

Results in white below: <font color="#FFFFFF">
UTG+1 has Ah Ad (two pair, aces and kings).
Hero has Js Jh (two pair, kings and jacks).
Outcome: UTG+1 wins 9 BB. </font>

Absolute Poker 1/2 Hold'em (8 handed) converter

Preflop: Hero is MP1 with K[img]/images/graemlins/diamond.gif[/img], K[img]/images/graemlins/heart.gif[/img].
UTG calls, <font color="#666666">1 fold</font>, <font color="#CC3333">Hero raises</font>, <font color="#666666">2 folds</font>, <font color="#CC3333">Button 3-bets</font>, <font color="#666666">2 folds</font>, UTG calls, <font color="#CC3333">Hero caps</font>, Button calls, UTG calls.

Flop: (13.50 SB) J[img]/images/graemlins/spade.gif[/img], 2[img]/images/graemlins/spade.gif[/img], T[img]/images/graemlins/heart.gif[/img] <font color="#0000FF">(3 players)</font>
UTG checks, <font color="#CC3333">Hero bets</font>, <font color="#CC3333">Button raises</font>, UTG calls, <font color="#CC3333">Hero 3-bets</font>, <font color="#CC3333">Button caps</font>, UTG calls, Hero calls.

Turn: (12.25 BB) 2[img]/images/graemlins/club.gif[/img] <font color="#0000FF">(3 players)</font>
UTG checks, Hero checks, <font color="#CC3333">Button bets</font>, UTG calls, Hero calls.

River: (15.25 BB) 9[img]/images/graemlins/spade.gif[/img] <font color="#0000FF">(3 players)</font>
UTG checks, Hero checks, <font color="#CC3333">Button bets</font>, UTG calls, Hero folds.

Final Pot: 17.25 BB

Results in white below: <font color="#FFFFFF">
UTG doesn't show.
Button has Ah As (two pair, aces and twos).
Outcome: Button wins 17.25 BB. </font>
Old 07-22-2005, 09:08 PM

That's just short term, don't worry about it. Do I freak out when I have AA at 3/4 tables at party? Nooooo Way. [img]/images/graemlins/grin.gif[/img]
Old 07-22-2005, 09:34 PM

Did you just fold KK getting 17.25:1 and closing the action? [img]/images/graemlins/confused.gif[/img]
Old 07-22-2005, 09:53 PM

cant be that short of term memory, i only played 19 total hands when i made the post [img]/images/graemlins/blush.gif[/img]
turning it around now...
cdl