Two Plus Two Older Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Older Archives > Limit Texas Hold'em > Small Stakes Shorthanded
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 07-16-2005, 04:40 PM

Default Re: Moral Dilemma

I wasnt calling you a lemming. I just was attempting to delve deeper into your opinion because I didnt want to hear more of the parrotted responses I expected after alobar put down what I thought was the final word on the subject. I apologize for offending you, internet communication can be very difficult when things are taken too literally. Sorry.

Back to the issue at hand...
Old 07-16-2005, 04:45 PM

[ QUOTE ]
dude, the fact you are even contemplaiting this question raises serious red flags about your mental capacity as a poker player.

The answer is B

You can put me down on record as saying anyone who says A in this thread, or even thinks about saying A in this thread, is a complete moran

no offense

[/ QUOTE ]

FYP
Old 07-16-2005, 05:00 PM

I go with B as well. Aside from points like you'll be training your competition, this guy seems like he might be a zealot about training lots more people by sending them links, etc, I just can't particularly be bothered to help this guy out. Other than a "Thanks" after he sent me his link, I doubt I'd respond to him again in any meaningful way.

But I'm fairly misanthropic to start with.
Old 07-16-2005, 05:58 PM

[ QUOTE ]

Anyways, the only people I have ever told about 2+2 were 2 of my close friends who I started in poker.

[/ QUOTE ]

he lies! it's a link in his facebook profile!

as for me. first time he sends me the link i'd thank him. second time when he asks how it went i think i'd enlighten him on the ways of the winners. i got here because someone told me, it seems like i should be expected to return the favor. great point mentioning that everyone here is just as random as the guy you were playing online. AND it's a public forum- besides, there are still LOTS of losing players here (even if they wont admit it.)
Old 07-16-2005, 06:07 PM

To sum up:

Those in favor of-

A- Schneids, irishpint(one of two people i referred here, the other doesnt post)

B- Me(maybe), Alobar, everyone agreeing with Alobar
Old 07-16-2005, 06:25 PM

C. Ask him to play heads up- that way you can "learn" from him directly.
Old 07-16-2005, 06:31 PM

[ QUOTE ]
C. Ask him to play heads up- that way you can "learn" from him directly.

[/ QUOTE ]

this is funny since i was challenged yesterday by a guy who then bought in for his entire BR...$316 (this was 1/2 6max). I then loaded up to $1500 and took a good portion of his (in the ring game, he decided agaisnt a headsup match because, and he said he wanted to let others have some of my money- wasn't fair for him to take it all)
Old 07-16-2005, 06:47 PM

I'll usually choose B. Only way I choose A is if I just don't feel like putting forth the effort of trying to help. I treat most people the way they treat me. I'll be polite to those who are polite to me and an ass to those who are an ass to me. At this site where everyone is trying to help me improve my game I will help anyone else try to improve their game, and at the table where everyone is trying to take my money I will try to take all of their money. If someone sends me a link to a site in an effort to help me, I'll give them a link to a site which will help them. I think that's pretty standard.
Old 07-16-2005, 06:53 PM

I've actually thought about that argument before, and I came to the realization, that I get waaaay more outta replying to peoples posts than they get from reading my replys. If I didn't feel that way, I honestly would have stopped replying to posts and just become one of the hundreds of people that lurk on here. I suppose that brings up interesting "game preservation" arguments, and if things were different maybe that would have to be factored into my decision.

I dunno, I take the mentality that I do this for a living and I only eat/payrent/buyshinythings when other people make more mistakes at this game than I do. So I don't go around trying to make every fish a better player. I'm in the jack straus "id bust my own grandmother if she was at the table" camp.
Old 07-16-2005, 07:00 PM

[ QUOTE ]
Well this thread is pretty pointless now, thanks for being a pompous prick Alobar.

[/ QUOTE ]

wow dude, you need to lighten up. Just because I over express my opinions sometimes, does not ruin your thread. Or maybe I just have more respect for the people who post here, and realize they arent all lemmings and it doesnt matter what I say, it isnt going to keep anyone from expressing what they want to say.