Two Plus Two Older Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Older Archives > Limit Texas Hold'em > Small Stakes Shorthanded

Old 07-16-2005, 02:13 PM

Default Moral Dilemma

I'll try to keep this short, here goes...

So I am sitting at a soft soft 5/10 game a few nights ago, but the cards are cold and I'm down about 30 BB, when I get a message via the Party Invite to Table function. It is from another player at the table, we will call him TightieMcWhitie. The guy is trying his darndest to beat the game, but maaaan is he weak-tight. Playing 18/10 preflop, very weak postflop basically never raising without the virtual nuts.

Anyways, the gist of Tightie's message is that I seem like a good guy and he doesn't usually give advice, but he thinks a couple articles on pokerpages.com could help me out. I'll link the articles, Nick Eisel

I'm sure this writer beats the games, but his advice is way too tight in many situations and our friend Tightie seems to have taken the advice to heart.

So I see two potential lines in this situation, and I am clueless as to which was right...

A. The guy was trying to help me become a winning player, I should return the favor. Refer him to 2+2 and help him truly learn how to play poker.

B. Thank him very much for his generosity and say the articles were very helpful. Continue with life, we don't need another TAG sucking money out of the games.

FWIW, there is no way the guy beats the game right now.
Old 07-16-2005, 02:25 PM

Default Re: Moral Dilemma

WWDuff-ManD?

I had a player send me a message on Party this week that said simply "2+2 sucks".

There is only one player who knows my Party handle for sure and, it wasn't him (I suspect he may have guessed from may play (hahaha) or my handle, it is not particularly cunning).

So I immediately responded with:

"What's 2+2?"
Old 07-16-2005, 02:34 PM

So Im guessing you would go with B. I expected nothing less naphand.

Just for clarification, the guy who messaged me definitely is unaware of 2+2. Or at least is unaware that his style of play is not ideal.
Old 07-16-2005, 02:36 PM

dude, the fact you are even contemplaiting this question raises serious red flags about your mental capacity as a poker player.

The answer is B

You can put me down on record as saying anyone who says A in this thread, or even thinks about saying A in this thread, is a complete moron

no offense
Old 07-16-2005, 02:40 PM

In what way does that raise serious red flags?

How did all of you out there find your way to 2+2? I'm sure the majority were referred by SOMEBODY.

Even if I told him about 2+2, hes not going to improve immediately I can tell you that much. And the likelihood of him ever improving enough to reach levels above the 5/10 game is very very low.

I think anybody who looks at things with such a constricted line of thought is a complete moron. The guy helped me out and tried to discuss strategy with me for chrissakes. What happened to common courtesy and decency?

no offense.
Old 07-16-2005, 02:48 PM

turn chat off.. problem solved [img]/images/graemlins/smile.gif[/img]

If he is really nice, I might tell him when I expect not to play vs him in the future. Usually I wouldnt though.
Old 07-16-2005, 03:13 PM

[ QUOTE ]
dude, the fact you are even contemplaiting this question raises serious red flags about your mental capacity as a poker player.

The answer is B

You can put me down on record as saying anyone who says A in this thread, or even thinks about saying A in this thread, is a complete moron

no offense

[/ QUOTE ]
Old 07-16-2005, 03:19 PM

[ QUOTE ]
I think anybody who looks at things with such a constricted line of thought is a complete moron. The guy helped me out and tried to discuss strategy with me for chrissakes. What happened to common courtesy and decency?

[/ QUOTE ]

Why would you want to train the competition? If you know more than the competition you win.

Telling a guy like that about twoplustwo is outright dangerous - he seems to be the kind that would spread the advice given here to anyone.
Old 07-16-2005, 03:23 PM

You do realize that this is a public forum correct?

With thousands and thousands of members?

Just because you happened to stumble across it, you now have the right to be an elitist prick?

Hey, you seem kind of new here. Out of curiosity, how did you find your way into the secret society?
Old 07-16-2005, 03:45 PM

I pick B without hesitation.