Two Plus Two Older Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Older Archives > Internet Gambling > Internet Gambling
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 06-10-2005, 05:01 PM

Default F*#$!N Beggers

Has anyone else had this happen to them .. ?

I made it down to heads up in a pokerstars tournament last night ($10 multi, first big finish since i've been playing) and the guy and I decided to chop the prize pool between us. We had the usual chat commotion at the table from the outsiders, it seemed like everyone had something to say. A minute or two later, someone chimed in on AIM to me who was unknown to me (I guess it doesn't take a genius to figure out my name) to talk to me for a few minutes.

I had a night to sleep on everything, and after a good afternoon out, I come home to sit in front of the computer, and the guy chimes in again. This time he's all like "sup, can I get $5."

Now, I have experienced this at the tables before, where it is easy to ignore them, but on AIM, it just hits a little closer. I didn't appreciate the random messaging, and I moreso didn't appreciate the begging. Needless to say, I put him on ignore, and I hope to never see him again.

I didn't know if this was standard practice from the begging community, but if this is going to happen again, I might blow up on the next guy, heh.

Thanks for reading, I needed to rant about this loser.
Old 06-10-2005, 05:13 PM

Default Re: F*#$!N Beggers

i just can't believe it's worthwhile for these people to ask for $5. tell them to go mow a lawn.
Old 06-10-2005, 05:17 PM

I can just picture the future...

Some guy downtown in grubby clothes, sitting on his laptop and AIM'ing people for spare change.
Old 06-10-2005, 05:26 PM

Soo, can i get that $5 or what dude?

[img]/images/graemlins/grin.gif[/img]
Old 06-10-2005, 05:42 PM

[ QUOTE ]
i just can't believe it's worthwhile for these people to ask for $5. tell them to go mow a lawn.

[/ QUOTE ]

right, what's $5 going to do for them .. MAYBE they get a win in a $5 SNG, but after that they'll run it back to $0.00, and run the train of begging again .. and you just know their mindset is "they got a lot of money, what is $5."

well if these fools would learn to play, they wouldn't need to be askin for $5 that will get them nowhere.

morons.
Old 06-10-2005, 06:11 PM

Loan them five bucks. They lose it to me. I'm happy. I post here encouraging you to loan them 5 bucks. It's the circle of life.
Old 06-10-2005, 06:15 PM

When I started High-School I used to ask for Quarters. My goal was to get one Quarter from 8 ppl a day. I wasn't very diligent in my quest, I did make my quota very often.

When I turned 16, I bought an $800 car, primarily with this money.

My high school had a little under 1000 ppl in it. There are millions of ppl playing poker each day.

Another story: My grandfather once offered a Pan-handler a job working construction, and gave him a card with a # to call. The pan-handler asked how much he would be making, and my grandfather told him something a little over $9 an hr. The pan-handler threw the card back at my grandfather and said "Are you kidding, I have a kid to support."

Apparently begging can be a very lucrative profession, provided you strip yourself of all dignity and shame.

My appologies to the millions of homeless on the streets who actually "need" to do this for some reason or another. This is not meant for you.
Old 06-10-2005, 06:22 PM

no, but seriously anyoe wanna transfer me two bucks on Stars, I need the money now. An explination can be found here and in fact I will include $1 interest when I pay back.
Old 06-10-2005, 07:21 PM

for 5 bucks I can see begging for. But how about these folks that want 7 cents. WTF can you do for 7 cents.
Old 06-10-2005, 09:16 PM

[ QUOTE ]
for 5 bucks I can see begging for. But how about these folks that want 7 cents. WTF can you do for 7 cents.

[/ QUOTE ]

A funner question is what can you get them to do for 7 cents? Like write a poem or song or something.