Two Plus Two Older Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Older Archives > Tournament Poker > Multi-table Tournaments

Old 06-01-2005, 07:49 PM

Default Re: Strategy for tourneys with unlimited re-buys?

[ QUOTE ]
maybe u dont have the sample size? some tournaments ill be in for 30, some i will be in for 10, some i will be in for 3. i use pretty much the same strategy for all rebuys, and have been quite successful in building a stack and maintaining it throughout the tournament. holla

[/ QUOTE ]

I think it's suspect to push with really bad, uncoordinated hands like T2o and J4o even if you have maybe a 20-30% chance of doubling up. I can understand pushing any PLAYABLE hand. But pushing EVERY hand? That's just expensive and somewhat ludicrous.
Old 06-01-2005, 07:55 PM

[ QUOTE ]
I think it's suspect to push with really bad, uncoordinated hands like T2o and J4o even if you have maybe a 20-30% chance of doubling up. I can understand pushing any PLAYABLE hand. But pushing EVERY hand? That's just expensive and somewhat ludicrous.

[/ QUOTE ]

i never said anything about this being an IDEAL strategy. it is relaxing to suck out on someone that has AK when you have T2o. it is NOT ideal to do this. at all. period. the end. however, its fun. its 10 bucks, and i still make money doing it, so im not too worried about it. if you are worried about the 10 bucks, then play solid. there will be plenty of idiots like me trying to suck out on you. holla
Old 06-01-2005, 08:04 PM

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

i never said anything about this being an IDEAL strategy. it is relaxing to suck out on someone that has AK when you have T2o. it is NOT ideal to do this. at all. period. the end. however, its fun. its 10 bucks, and i still make money doing it, so im not too worried about it. if you are worried about the 10 bucks, then play solid. there will be plenty of idiots like me trying to suck out on you. holla

[/ QUOTE ]

Not worried about $10. Concerned about blowing $300, as you've said you've done, and also concerned about blowing my tourney early by playing hands I consider to be unplayuable.
Old 06-01-2005, 08:06 PM

besides, I play the same way whether a tourney is $100 + R or $10 + R. The buy-in shouldn't affect how you play poker.
Old 06-01-2005, 08:11 PM

[ QUOTE ]
The buy-in shouldn't affect how you play poker.

[/ QUOTE ]

Very, very well said.
Old 06-01-2005, 08:16 PM

[ QUOTE ]
besides, I play the same way whether a tourney is $100 + R or $10 + R. The buy-in shouldn't affect how you play poker.

[/ QUOTE ]

this is wrong. do you see why?

if you are playing in a 10 dollar tournament, you wont be able to make as many higher level plays, ie, bluff check raises on the turn, as you will against better players in bigger buyin tournaments, where you can make someone fold a hand. in a 10 dollar tournament, you will not be able to bluff as much early, and will need to rely on showing down a hand. so in fact, the buyin DOES affect how you play poker. holla
Old 06-01-2005, 08:34 PM

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

this is wrong. do you see why?

if you are playing in a 10 dollar tournament, you wont be able to make as many higher level plays, ie, bluff check raises on the turn, as you will against better players in bigger buyin tournaments, where you can make someone fold a hand. in a 10 dollar tournament, you will not be able to bluff as much early, and will need to rely on showing down a hand. so in fact, the buyin DOES affect how you play poker. holla

[/ QUOTE ]

I can get a read on whether I can bluff somebody whether it's a $10 or $100 or $1000 buy-in. Making broad generalizations about gameplay is not very smart. Every table, and by extension, every player is different.

I can make "high-level" plays at $10R just fine.
Old 06-01-2005, 11:17 PM

FYI, in stars $10 tonight I'm in for $150 and all I have to show for it is the minimum at the break. 0 for 9 in coin flips.
Old 06-01-2005, 11:20 PM

Sounds like your high level plays arent working out too well.
Old 06-01-2005, 11:22 PM

[ QUOTE ]
Sounds like your high level plays arent working out too well.

[/ QUOTE ]

Please. I've had AK beat 4 times and high pairs beaten twice.