Two Plus Two Older Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Older Archives > PL/NL Texas Hold'em > Mid-, High-Stakes Pot- and No-Limit Hold'em
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 05-10-2005, 04:28 PM

Default Tired of getting sucked out

I am posting this to get some advice and help. I used to play the 600 NL tables on party and was doing well. I have been playing poker for 5 months now. I moved to the 1000 NL and it just coincided with my bad phase. Guys calling my allins with 2 outers/3 outers and sucking out. Its just been a crazy experience over the past two weeks.

If my read is right, guys at the higher stakes tables are more loose and will call allins with flush draws,inside str8 draws etc. How does one get out of such a bad phase or is it just that I am not good enough to play the 1000 NL. I dont think its the latter. As I said,its just coincided with my bad phase and I am at a point where I feel like quitting poker. This sucks so bad!
Old 05-10-2005, 04:47 PM

Default Re: Tired of getting sucked out

wahhh
Old 05-10-2005, 05:15 PM

?
Old 05-10-2005, 05:16 PM

quit complaining
Old 05-10-2005, 05:23 PM

ok. Sorry if this seems like a sob story(might seem like it is). Just thought I would get some advice on how to handle such a phase where you are getting outdrawn like crazy! Dont tell me you havent been through a phase like this!
Old 05-10-2005, 05:25 PM

Tired of getting your money is as the favourite?

Try logging off, going for a walk, and remembering that you want people putting their stack in when they're behind against you.

This is pretty ABC stuff, man. You're playing for $2K on any given hand and you don't get that?
Old 05-10-2005, 05:26 PM

[ QUOTE ]
ok. Sorry if this seems like a sob story(might seem like it is). Just thought I would get some advice on how to handle such a phase where you are getting outdrawn like crazy! Dont tell me you havent been through a phase like this!

[/ QUOTE ]

Sit at a micro-limits table and play extremely loose aggro. Crack some guys aces with a trash hand, and then make fun of him afterwards.
Old 05-10-2005, 05:36 PM

nope. I dont mind them playing like they do. I have been the favorite most of the hands and get rivered. Its just sick that I lose all the 'races'. I go on a ministreak run and into a hand where I lose it all. I look at myself as a tight player but aggressive when I have a good hand. to give u a couple of examples.
I limp with my AA. Button raises and I reraise big. there are two callers. flop K 7 6. All in on flop. Three guys in the hand. THe other two have AK and they hit their one outer(the K) on the river.

I got KK, reraise it to 125 preflop. Two callers. Small blind leads and bets big on the flop ( 9h 5h 9d). I go allin.He calls and hits his flush on the river.

Its just been unreal. I know I will get the money back if these guys keep playing like this. I cant seem to find and end to this crap.
Old 05-10-2005, 05:38 PM

If you're good enough to play NL1000 you're good enough to ignore bad beats. Maybe drop back to NL600 untill you've clocked a few good wins?
Old 05-10-2005, 05:42 PM

I read an article by a guy who calculated his EV in every big hand he got into (i.e. all-ins, half his stack, etc), and found that in the long term, his actual return was very very close to his EV. He said knowing this made the bad beats much easier to take, since he knew that longterm his play was more important.

Maybe you should try something similar.