Two Plus Two Older Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Older Archives > Limit Texas Hold'em > Micro-Limits
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 04-21-2005, 11:45 AM

Default Hey Grunch (No strat. content)

How is rebuilding your BR going? Did u make it past .5/1 yet?
Old 04-21-2005, 12:16 PM

Default Re: Hey Grunch (No strat. content)

Yea, I moved to 2/4 a while ago. Its going really well. Fortunately I'm running pretty well. My winrate exceeds my abilities, and I'm just fine with that. [img]/images/graemlins/smile.gif[/img]

Right now my BR is back to about 1300. I'm going to sit back and grind 2/4 for now, since that's what I was doing before the tax thing. I'm headed up to 5/10, but I'm not in a hurry to get there. I was in a big hurry to get back to 2/4, so I reduced my BR requirements to the minimum. I'll wait for 300 BBs before moving to 3/6. Then I'll want at least 300 BBs before moving to 5/10, and I'll want to do some bigtime data mining before I move too. We'll see what happens then.

Meanwhile, I think I'm going to start taking shots at the 100+9's again pretty soon. I'll probably just do what I did before - skim the profits from a 2/4 session to pay for the buyin. If it goes well, the MTTs should start funding themselves, and I'll be back on the trail.

An interesting thing happened during my rebuild period. My PT icon changed for the first time since it became a moneybag. Now I'm a smiley face. Even if I filter out everything but 2/4, my stats are still smileyface stats. And you know what? I'm fine with that.
Old 04-21-2005, 12:18 PM

i like my fish icon.
Old 04-21-2005, 12:34 PM

[ QUOTE ]
Yea, I moved to 2/4 a while ago. Its going really well. Fortunately I'm running pretty well. My winrate exceeds my abilities, and I'm just fine with that. [img]/images/graemlins/smile.gif[/img]

[/ QUOTE ]

This describes my last 2 weeks. I am on a 300BB upswing at 2/4 and loving it [img]/images/graemlins/grin.gif[/img].

Are you planning on moving to 5/10 full, or 6max? If 5/10 full, what site do you plan on playing at?

[ QUOTE ]
Meanwhile, I think I'm going to start taking shots at the 100+9's again pretty soon.

[/ QUOTE ]

I don't have this kind of balls. Or tourney skills to go along with them.

[ QUOTE ]
An interesting thing happened during my rebuild period. My PT icon changed for the first time since it became a moneybag.

[/ QUOTE ]

I lost my PT d-base, and now that I've restarted, I'm a smiley face too, and I couldn't be happier. I love being a loosey.

Good luck in the MTTs and getting up to 5/10.
Old 04-21-2005, 02:53 PM

[ QUOTE ]
Are you planning on moving to 5/10 full, or 6max? If 5/10 full, what site do you plan on playing at?

[/ QUOTE ]

Both, but full to start. Empire.
Old 04-21-2005, 03:32 PM

I must have about zero confidence in my ability. My BR is at ~1600 or so, and I'm still grinding 1/2 (or at least I was, until my motherboard crapped out on me three days after my 2001fp was delivered).
Old 04-21-2005, 03:42 PM

hey- don't worry about your BR vs what level you are playing. my BR >5k and i am "still" basically grinding at 1/2 and getting comfortable at 2/4. the "level" that one plays at is irrelevant. the other day, i saw a 60% asf table at 5/10 on absolute, so i played 3 orbits - woot. nobody "plays at" a certain limit...it's all psychological.
Old 04-21-2005, 04:41 PM

60% ASF? Dang. I'm going to have to keep my eyes on the higher tables, I guess, since the lower limits are less than half that typically.

Oh, and I guess there's also the requirement to, you know, grow some stones to play at the higher limit. [img]/images/graemlins/smile.gif[/img]
Old 04-21-2005, 05:25 PM

[ QUOTE ]
Even if I filter out everything but 2/4, my stats are still smileyface stats.

[/ QUOTE ]

I've been a [img]/images/graemlins/smile.gif[/img] ever since I got Pokertracker - even back in the fall when it wasn't cool!
Old 04-21-2005, 05:26 PM

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
Even if I filter out everything but 2/4, my stats are still smileyface stats.

[/ QUOTE ]

I've been a [img]/images/graemlins/smile.gif[/img] ever since I got Pokertracker - even back in the fall when it wasn't cool!

[/ QUOTE ]

[img]/images/graemlins/smile.gif[/img] is the new $