Two Plus Two Older Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Older Archives > Internet Gambling > Internet Gambling
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 01-07-2005, 01:08 PM

Default What Constitutes Internet Table Talk

I was playing in a $22.00 SNG at PP yesterday and had pocket tens on the button.Two callers limp(BB is 15 chips) and I raise to 75.Blinds fold and both limpers call.Board flops a Rainbow of undercards,it is checked to me and I bet 100 and get 1 caller.Turn is a blank, I bet 150 and get called.River is an undercard,its checked to me and I bet 175.While the caller is deciding to make the call or not A player to my left types "He has got a big pocket pair" and the caller folds immediately.I was upset but did not say anything to him.Would this be considered table talk and if so should I have reported it to PP? [img]/images/graemlins/confused.gif[/img]
Old 01-07-2005, 01:15 PM

Default Re: What Constitutes Internet Table Talk

You wouldn't be complaining if you had been bluffing the whole way with AK [img]/images/graemlins/smile.gif[/img].

It's just a $22SNG. And you don't even know if the guy folded because of the comment. It's a little annoying, but I don't think it's something to get your panties in a bunch about.
Old 01-07-2005, 01:55 PM

Yes it is table talk and you should tell the guy to STFU, it really sucks when you are bluffing and some idiot talks someone with a weak hand to call. Of course sometimes the idiot talks the weak hand into calling when you are strong, I don't know why people feel pressured to listen to strangers but they do.

If you report them they could get their chat banned for awhile.
Old 01-07-2005, 01:55 PM

[ QUOTE ]
I don't think it's something to get your panties in a bunch about.

[/ QUOTE ]Even more to the point, the guy speaking didn't have any inside knowledge. It's not like he said something like "I know the guy doesn't have the nut flush, because I folded that!", which is actually inside information that he's revealing to the table.

This guy just talked about the current hand, which isn't such a crime. You can call it "rude", but you can't call it "against the rules".

-Sam
Old 01-07-2005, 01:57 PM

[ QUOTE ]
If you report them they could get their chat banned for awhile.

[/ QUOTE ]Good luck with that. Yeah, they could get their chat banned for a while, but more likely nothing at all will happen. If I were you, I'd limit my hopes to "He'll get a sternly worded email."

-Sam
Old 01-07-2005, 02:03 PM

[ QUOTE ]
A player to my left types "He has got a big pocket pair" and the caller folds immediately.

[/ QUOTE ]

What would they do in a B&M if someone said that?

(Probably just tell him to shut up.)
-DB
Old 01-07-2005, 02:07 PM

[ QUOTE ]

What would they do in a B&M if someone said that?

[/ QUOTE ]

it is cheating in a B&M, so however they deal with violations of one player to hand rule would be the result. at the very least, the table would go nuts and admonish him.

it is also cheating on the internet, but rarely enforced.
Old 01-07-2005, 03:10 PM

I was once multitabling and on one table where I hadn't gotten anything at all to play, I noticed scrolling back up there was a lot of chat mocking or berating this one guy. I hadn't paid attention to any actual hands so I didn't know any specifics. Then the guy raised pre and I 3-bet with something pretty strong. I flopped something good but not a monster. then the action was something like, he bets into me, I raise. turn, he checkraises on a rather scary board (maybe 2 overcards to my PP + a draw). so I type into the chat: "I haven't been watching--do I have to call this guy down?" And instantly I get about 4 Yes's! It was hilarious. MHWG.

I also like announcing it when the board is paired and I folded the case card pre, or board is 4-flushed and I folded the ace pre. Just because it amuses me. (actually I only do it when someone is being really really really slow.)
Old 01-07-2005, 03:20 PM

[ QUOTE ]

I also like announcing it when the board is paired and I folded the case card pre, or board is 4-flushed and I folded the ace pre. Just because it amuses me. (actually I only do it when someone is being really really really slow.)

[/ QUOTE ]

I hope either:
a) Your joking
Or:
b) Somebody beats the hell out of you.

But not both.
Old 01-07-2005, 03:45 PM

Sounds like a clear rules violation to me, although I agree with the others that the sites probably wouldn't do much about it unless maybe there were several documented examples of the person doing it.

On a simiilar note, it really bugs me in sngs when it's bubble time and two big stacks agree to check down a hand in order to increase the chances of eliminating an all-in player. It's certainly ok to check it down, but it has got to be against the rules to make (or suggest) an agreement to do so. It's clearly causing a disadvantage to the all-in player if the others wouldn't have checked it otherwise.