Two Plus Two Older Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Older Archives > PL/NL Texas Hold'em > Mid-, High-Stakes Pot- and No-Limit Hold'em

Old 12-07-2004, 09:46 AM

Default 66 and flopped boat

NL blinds 5-10

MP raises to $20 I call from CO and bb calls.

Flop comes A6A

BB checks; MP bets $20 into a $65 pot.

What's your play and why?

Thanks,

KC
Old 12-07-2004, 10:07 AM

Default Re: 66 and flopped boat

Obviously we need to know the stacks to give you a real response but assuming they are $1500 each I reraise here an additional $100 and pray for a reraise from AK that I can push on.

Underboats on a paired ace flop are really scary (especially online) because of the difficulty to get away from them if a Q or J hit to make the villain aces full, they are a slightly easier lay down if a K hits but you want to shut the villain out of the pot before he catches.

You are going to get called (or raised) here from an ace most of the time in which case I would make a big ($350-$450) bet on the turn if checked to with an benign turn (not paint) and would reraise a $100-$200 turn bet about 5x their bet.

-Steve
Old 12-07-2004, 10:27 AM

Stacks:

BB $1200; MP$1700; I have them both covered with around $2k.

I raised to $110 putting MP on and ace with thoughts of him pushing. Unfortunately they both folded.

Just wondering how much am I giving up here by raising instead of flat calling the flop bet assuming that he did not have an ace and at least one (or both) of my opponents have an overpair to my 66?

KC
Old 12-07-2004, 10:39 AM

you cannot let people catch up. if someone has an ace you get all the money in the middle on the flop, and you win a big hand, or no ace, and you win a small pot; these are both good results. worst way to play it, is to let someone in cheap who has a pocket pair and draws a bigger full house. flopping the underfull is one of my favourite hands. get it all in, and if you are lucky watch ak man swallow his stomach.
Old 12-07-2004, 11:42 AM

i would also raise the flop, obviously praying for AK. i think that AQ or AJ will have a little easier time getting away from the hand if flat call the flop and then raise the turn.