Two Plus Two Older Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Older Archives > 2+2 Communities > Other Other Topics

Old 09-24-2004, 07:01 PM

Default Re: Leading the People to War

Then i am very glad we are taking troops away from such stable, non threatening places such as North Korea.

Aslo- The military action in the "war on drugs" thing worked really well, and the education programs did nothing at all.

More violence!!!
Old 09-24-2004, 07:29 PM

pokerjo: [ QUOTE ]
So you don't expect to win the war then? But we won't lose because we're just going to keep fighting forever? Forgive me, but doesn't that seem even worse than losing?

[/ QUOTE ]

GWB [ QUOTE ]
The war on terror is like the war on cancer, or the war on crime, or the war on rats in a big city. You do well by minimizing the cancer deaths, the crime, or the rats, but you never can eliminate them completely.

[/ QUOTE ]

I rarely agree with GWB, but what he said here is right on, however unfortunate that answer may see.
Old 09-24-2004, 07:32 PM

Other countries have had terrorists for many years, have not fought a war against them, and have gone on with their lives in a relatively unhindered way. Why are we different?
Old 09-24-2004, 07:35 PM

[ QUOTE ]
Other countries have had terrorists for many years, have not fought a war against them, and have gone on with their lives in a relatively unhindered way. Why are we different?

[/ QUOTE ] uhh... like Russia? or Saudia Arabia? Or Egypt? You are dellusional.
Old 09-24-2004, 07:39 PM

Actually Russia has activly fought their war for years, and it just seems to get worse.
Old 09-24-2004, 07:39 PM

Uhh, like Europe.

Or did England invade Ireland and I just missed the news?
Old 09-24-2004, 07:41 PM

[ QUOTE ]
Actually Russia has activly fought their war for years, and it just seems to get worse.

[/ QUOTE ] This is an entirely different topic which I will not get into, but many people would say their failed policy torwards Chechnya has lead them to their new "war" on terrorism.
Old 09-24-2004, 07:44 PM

[ QUOTE ]
Uhh, like Europe.

[/ QUOTE ] First of all Europe is a continent, not a country.

Their has been a constant "war" between Irish Catholics and Protestants in Northern Ireland which has at times spilled over into England, but this war, and it is one, has been ongoing for a while with both miltary and diplomatic action.
Old 09-24-2004, 07:57 PM

This is an entirely different topic which I will not get into, but many people would say their failed policy torwards Chechnya has lead them to their new "war" on terrorism.

Yes, but Pokerjo's fiorst statement was that some countries have been able to exist relatively well without declaring all out war on terror, and your resonse denying this included russia. My point was that russia is basically in the middle of a war on terror, and would not be a country that Pokerjo would use as an example.
Old 09-24-2004, 08:11 PM

"We are resolved that the method of consultation shall be the method adopted to deal with any other questions that may concern our two countries, and we are determined to continue our efforts to remove possible sources of difference, and thus to contribute to assure the peace of Europe."

Neville Chamberlain, 1938.

"France is not pacifist. We are not anti-American either. We are not just going to use our veto to nag and annoy the US. But we just feel that there is another option, another way, another more normal way, a less dramatic way than war, and that we have to go through that path. And we should pursue it until we’ve come [to] a dead end, but that isn’t the case."

Jacques Chirac, 2003