Two Plus Two Older Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Older Archives > Limit Texas Hold'em > Micro-Limits

Old 07-21-2004, 06:16 PM

Default Re: Flopped full house

Here's the way I see it (which is probably wrong [img]/images/graemlins/smile.gif[/img])

If I had bet out on the flop, I would have gotten at most a couple of callers (typical UB). Now, going into the turn, I'm down 2 SB the way I played it (assuming two people did, in fact, call the flop). Of course, now I'm seen as the aggressor, so I doubt MP1 would bet on the turn, meaning at best, I get MP1 and the Button to call my bet. This means I'm still 2 SB down compared to betting out on the flop. On the river, I'll get to bet out again and they'll both call. That means, betting out on the flop looked to get me 2 SB + 2 BB + 2 BB = 5 BB. With the way I played it, it looks like I did better than that because I got 0 SB + 2 BB + 4 BB = 6 BB.

Now, let's say we check the flop and raise on the turn. *IF* I get someone behind me to call 2 bets cold (which, I admit is likely, since the Button did so on the river), then I grab 4 BB on the turn and 2 more BB on the river (assuming MP1 wouldn't bet out again) which gives me 6 BB again, the same as the way I played it.
Old 07-21-2004, 06:20 PM

[ QUOTE ]
Maybe this is why I'm not making very much $$ with full houses

I wish I had enough to even draw a conclusion.

I see a lot of preflop discussion (yes it does matter) going on in the micros and all these stats being thrown around, goals being talked about etc.

Then I see all these devious plays being made against TERRIBLE opponents. Guys, they suck. Bet your hands. They will call.

I promise [img]/images/graemlins/smile.gif[/img]

[/ QUOTE ]

I think it was my time at PS .25/.50 that might have ruined me. Taking down pots on the flop (and even pre-flop) really weakened up my play. Now that I'm at PP, I think I need to ratchet it back up again (I don't know about UB).

I looked at the times I've flopped quads, boats and nut flushes and saw that I've nearly always check/called. Sounds like I need to ram and jam a lot more on flopped monsters.

BTW, the tongue-in-cheek comment was based on the fact that I make more money (and win more) with flushes and straights than with boats. However, I think it's likely due to the fact that you just get less of them...
Old 07-21-2004, 06:35 PM

Raise preflop. After that, bet/raise/bet/raise/bet/raise/bet/raise. Something like that.

Not extracting value is just as bad as calling too much. There's no freakin' need to be deceptive at .25/.5, and, here's the real head-spinner, playing the flopped second nuts fast is going to be pretty deceptive for these clowns.
Old 07-21-2004, 06:40 PM

[ QUOTE ]
They called the river -- what makes you think they won't call the turn?

[/ QUOTE ]

When the turn action is to you, it's difficult to know they're going to call a raise because they called the river already. [img]/images/graemlins/tongue.gif[/img]
Old 07-21-2004, 06:42 PM

Not extracting value is just as bad as calling too much. There's no freakin' need to be deceptive at .25/.5, and, here's the real head-spinner, playing the flopped second nuts fast is going to be pretty deceptive for these clowns.

See, I try to be nice. You are lucky you didnt get the short lived "WTF BTF" phrase [img]/images/graemlins/laugh.gif[/img]
Old 07-21-2004, 06:51 PM

[ QUOTE ]
You are lucky you didnt get the short lived "WTF BTF" phrase

[/ QUOTE ]

Dude, I forgot about that. [img]/images/graemlins/grin.gif[/img] Looks like it needs to make a comeback.

Micros, check out this hand from SS. Jason's response is perfect. Worry about trapping when you're playing smart, aggressive players like Clark and GoT, not these guys. Their forte is calling. Let 'em do it.
Old 07-21-2004, 09:06 PM

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

When the turn action is to you, it's difficult to know they're going to call a raise because they called the river already. [img]/images/graemlins/tongue.gif[/img]

[/ QUOTE ]

Is this the same sfer that just talked about how you need to bet/raise because these clowns will keep calling?
Old 07-22-2004, 12:10 AM

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ] [ QUOTE ]
When the turn action is to you, it's difficult to know they're going to call a raise because they called the river already.

[/ QUOTE ] Is this the same sfer that just talked about how you need to bet/raise because these clowns will keep calling?

[/ QUOTE ]

Yup, and I stand by that. I don't, however, have the option of determining my action on the turn after seeing their action on the river.