Two Plus Two Older Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Older Archives > Limit Texas Hold'em > Mid-High Stakes Shorthanded

Old 12-30-2005, 08:57 PM

Default Preflop fold

Does a better player fold this hand here? If so, what kings do you call with? and what aces?

Party Poker 10/20 Hold'em (6 max, 6 handed) FTR converter on zerodivide.cx

Preflop: Hero is BB with 5[img]/images/graemlins/club.gif[/img], K[img]/images/graemlins/heart.gif[/img].
<font color="#CC3333">UTG raises</font>, <font color="#666666">1 fold</font>, CO calls, <font color="#666666">1 fold</font>, SB calls, Hero calls.

Final Pot: 4 BB
Old 12-30-2005, 09:43 PM

Default Re: Preflop fold

IMO that's a pretty awful preflop call, unless you catch your miracle flop there really isn't a whole lot of flops that you will like and then you always have to worry about domination. I would much rather 75o than 65o in your position. As far as your question I would probably go KTo+, and A8o+.
Old 12-30-2005, 09:50 PM

Thanks for the berating-but helpful-response.
Old 12-30-2005, 10:23 PM

I like a call A LOT better if CO and SB fold. Them calling ahead of you makes this a super-easy fold.
Old 12-31-2005, 01:53 AM

This should be an easy PF fold. Just because you are getting good odds on your money does not mean you are likely to be totally dominated and need a miracle flop to be able to continue or win.

As the other poster said, a hand like 810 or some small suited or even connected cards are much better to call with.. if you miss you dump, when you hit, you will win a big pot usually. Small-medium suited or just connected cards here will do much better than a big broadway with no kicker.
Old 12-31-2005, 03:36 AM

[ QUOTE ]
IMO that's a pretty awful preflop call, unless you catch your miracle flop there really isn't a whole lot of flops that you will like and then you always have to worry about domination. I would much rather 75o than 65o in your position. As far as your question I would probably go KTo+, and A8o+.

[/ QUOTE ]

What he said