Two Plus Two Older Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Older Archives > Tournament Poker > One-table Tournaments

Old 12-29-2005, 12:13 PM

Default $33 AT in Bubble

Villain basically raised me all-in. Is AT good enough to call? Am I in that bad of shape that I need to make a stand here? Is it better to fold and push next hand from sb or btn w/ any two?

Seat 9 is the button
Total number of players : 4
Seat 3: Western312 ( $2014 )
Seat 4: Dr_Jeckyl_00 ( $1205 )
Seat 9: BerniceQ ( $2525 )
Seat 6: muellerstl ( $2256 )
Trny:18688795 Level:6
Blinds(100/200)
** Dealing down cards **
Dealt to Dr_Jeckyl_00 [ As Th ]
muellerstl folds.
BerniceQ raises [800].
Western312 folds.
Your time bank will be activated in 5 secs. If you do not want it to be used, please act now.
Dr_Jeckyl_00 will be using his time bank for this hand.
HERO?
Results in White <font color="white">
Dr_Jeckyl_00 is all-In [1005]
BerniceQ calls [405].
** Dealing Flop ** [ 6d, 5c, Qd ]
** Dealing Turn ** [ Kh ]
** Dealing River ** [ 8d ]
BerniceQ shows [ Ac, Qs ] a pair of queens.
Dr_Jeckyl_00 shows [ As, Th ] high card ace.

</font>
Old 12-29-2005, 12:15 PM

Default Re: $33 AT in Bubble

Yes, you need to call this. You have 6BB, what hand are you waiting for exactly?

Honestly, even if he flipped up TT-KK here, I would still call.
Old 12-29-2005, 12:16 PM

Stop and go, or move all-in, I don't think either option matters.

Saying you'd call if he flipped up TT-KK is stupid, Sykes. Are you a 53.4% favourite against those? Just the most ridiculous thing I've ever seen posted, by a long way.
Old 12-29-2005, 12:21 PM

[ QUOTE ]
Stop and go, or move all-in, I don't think either option matters.

Saying you'd call if he flipped up TT-KK is stupid, Sykes. Are you a 53.4% favourite against those? Just the most ridiculous thing I've ever seen posted, by a long way.

[/ QUOTE ]

Ok, you have 1100 with BB of 150 4 handed. I'm just saying that you don't have much time to look for a quality hand and AT is a fine hand to go with here.

Obviously I took it to an extreme but you and Jekyll both realize what I mean.

Also, Stop and go wouldn't work because I doubt button would fold the flop for 300 more into a 1800 pot.
Old 12-29-2005, 12:26 PM

BB is 200, and he's going to call preflop for 300 so it doesn't matter if you stop and go or go all-in, there is just maybe a 0.1% chance he folds on a monotone flop with all unders, you just never know. That's the point of a stop and go, to give fold equity even when there is none. But that is why I said either option is fine because 99.9% of the time it won't matter.
Old 12-29-2005, 12:28 PM

[ QUOTE ]
BB is 200, and he's going to call preflop for 300 so it doesn't matter if you stop and go or go all-in, there is just maybe a 0.1% chance he folds on a monotone flop with all unders, you just never know. That's the point of a stop and go, to give fold equity even when there is none. But that is why I said either option is fine because 99.9% of the time it won't matter.

[/ QUOTE ]

Even more of a reason to go with ATo here.

Also, using Stop and go, should we do that always since there is always a chance he would fold getting 6-1 or misclick?
Old 12-29-2005, 12:29 PM

I think here we should yes, but I mean it's not important honestly, because the slight EV we might get from it is miniscule anyway.
Old 12-29-2005, 04:34 PM

I don't necessarily think this is an automatic call here. Pusher's range aside, you should also at least be aware of how agressive the table has been thus far on the bubble, how likely are you to get a walk on the next round, how defensive are the other players of their blinds. In certain situations I have folded this because, barring somebody didn't wake up with a premium PP, I knew I could easily stay alive by stealing over the next couple of rounds because of the passiveness of the table and the fact that the other players we also waiting for somebody else to bust.

There will be some tables where you will know that if you fold a hand like this, you will have at least two chances that will succed most of the time (say 80%, but I am just pulling this number out of my ass) before the blinds come around again. I doubt this was the situation here, I don't think it would appear at the 33s very often at all, but it is something to be aware of.