Two Plus Two Older Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Older Archives > General Poker Discussion > Beginners Questions

Old 12-28-2005, 11:06 PM

Default 2 party accounts in one household?

Would it be a problem with my dad playing at partypoker as well? I have a real money account that i play at my computer but if my dad also opens a real money account and plays at the computer, is that goign to be a problem? We only have 1 comptuer at our home. thx.
Old 12-29-2005, 03:09 AM

Default Re: 2 party accounts in one household?

This would be a question for Party to answer since they will ultimately make the final decision.

All I can tell you is that I had (maybe still do have) more than one Party Poker account. I only have one cash account and only play that account even when I venture into play chip land (seldom at Party).

You should also know the reason I have / had more than one account. It is because I signed up on Instant Bankroll for Party as a first time cash account after I had opened a non cash account. This was something which was allowed and even suggested by Poker Source Online (PSO) during the sign up process to allow my access into the Instant Bankroll promotion.

I believe Party Poker allows users to change their names from time to time. I could be wrong but it seems I have read this somewhere.

If you are old enough to play at Party in play chip games this would be a good question to ask of them directly. My guess is they want to watch the cash accounts and do not care so much about the play chip accounts but I could be very wrong in this ASSUMPTION.

What you should know is that some sites (i forget which) will even allow more than one cash account at the same physical address. When this occurs they generally require proof that two different persons hold those accounts. I do not know if Party Poker is one of those sites.

Monty
Old 12-29-2005, 03:34 AM

AFAIK standard operating procedure for poker sites in this situation is to require you to fax proof of identity for both parties. In any event, don't try to do this without getting their answer first, because sites will ban users for multiple registrations. (Even though what you describe is on the up-and-up, it will appear just like a new username for the same person.)
Old 12-29-2005, 03:38 AM

What U said.
Old 12-29-2005, 11:04 AM

My wife and I both have PartyPoker accounts. We often play at the same time behind a firewall which will make our IP addresses appear to be the same. We never attempt to play at the same tables - we play different limits.

I have never had any issues. I have had to fax my identity to Party in the past to do a cashout, so perhaps they consider my account trusted in some way. Also, my account is a party affiliate, so that may mean something too, perhaps.

You can't go wrong by asking them, of course.

Regards,

T
Old 12-29-2005, 11:09 AM

Shouldn't be a problem assuming your dad actually will be using the account / is willing to take a few steps to verify himself for party.

2ers tend to overstate Party's willingness to ban people for minor offenses. They're much more concerned with providing security for their players than busting your balls over your account. Don't forget they've got 100 dumbasses re-opening a new account because they forgot that they already have one for everyone trying to scam themselves a second account.

The most likely outcome is that you'll get a call from someone trying to verify your identity and might be asked to a fax a thing or two in.
Old 12-29-2005, 11:22 AM

Oh, I forgot to also mention that I did attempt to open a second account for myself one time, maybe a year ago. I hadn't used the old account for a long time, had forgotten the password and even the account name. I opened a new account and about a day later got a call from customer service.

I explained and they reset my old account. It was no big deal at all, just a technical thing as far as I was concerned. It was a security issue for them and they resolved it quickly and professionally.

Regards,

T
Old 12-29-2005, 01:56 PM

would he be able to still get the same privileges as me.. players club and bonus reloads as well? Because of he doesn't he does not want to play there.
Old 12-29-2005, 05:20 PM

If Party Poker allows multiple players to have individual accounts while residing at the same physical address then I would certainly (99.9%) think all the benefits of a single player would apply to all the single player accounts. Once again this is a question which can only be correctly answered with authority by Party Poker. You should contact them for the info.

Otherwise allowing one and not the other would IMO create a nightmare for site enforcement.

CAUTION: It just occured to me since I mentioned Instant Bankroll early in this thread to say this. Do not assume you can signup multiple times from the same physical address. They strictly forbid it and make their offer available once to a single household / address. (Just thought I should point that out for anyone who is reading this thread and does not know.)

So now back to your question, even if Party gives you both the exact same priviledges there may be other third party sites which will not allow both accounts to participate equally in offers, PSO is an example of that. This is something I would be cautious of and look into when there are multiple players playing and listing the same address.

I forget wich site it is but I know at least one of the online sites clearly states in the trems of service they can retrieve information from your computer showing all programs running on your system. This is a fraud control measure. Additionally I don't believe any site software will allow for it to be run and active more than once on any single CPU simultaneously and IMO rightly so. Sites also know the IP address and likely know the MAC address of the network card or modem in use. Both are readily available info to the outside when in two way communications.

Sorry I know this is more info than you ask for, I am just thinking ahead a bit.

Monty
Old 12-29-2005, 05:56 PM

Sheridan, I am glad you picked up on your once having to fix your identity to cash out. This brings me to another point which is sometimes overlooked by newer players. With that in mind im going off topic on this reply but it is good information.

Most site have prefered cash out methods. In the case of Party Poker it seems the prefered method is via NeTeller since they process the request almost immediately unless they need to verify something. Usually additional verification will result in an e-mail sent to your registered e-mail address so allways keep an eye on your mail when processing any cash out.

When I cashed out of Party the first time I did in fact get an e-mail requesting verification of information to which I responded immediately. I cashed out via NeTeller and had the cash available in less than 4 hours after initiating the withdrawal from Party Poker. WOW wonderful service don't you think?

Why a prefered method can cash out faster is not with certanty known but I have assumptions where NeTeller is concerned. NeTeller processes their clients by means of a very sophisticated check of past residence history, bank transaction verifications, and call backs to listed telephone numbers. They also track past transaction history performance and that would weigh into the mix also I would think. It would be very difficult for anyone to fake this information to NeTeller and makes me very comfortable with them as a cash transaction broker. Even more so than PayPal for example.

It is wise for individuals to utilize the prefered deposit and withdrawal methods of any site you play. So be sure to check this out well before making that first deposit. Sites will for example hold a player who transfers funds via electronic check to receiving withdrawls back to the same electronic bank account so don't change your bank or you could run into a problem here. The same is true of NeTeller, if you deposit through them then you will likely have to cash out through them as well. These are fraud and money laundering measures to protect the site and yourself.

Monty