Two Plus Two Older Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Older Archives > General Poker Discussion > Beginners Questions

Old 12-28-2005, 04:43 PM

Default Empire vs Party Poker

Now that Empire and Party Poker have split I am wondering how those of you who play them both see things today.

Have you noticed any differences in Empire as far as rake, players online, or quality (softness) of the game?

Please tell me anything you have noticed which is different. I am comtemplating a venture into the Empire site at the moment.

Monty
Old 12-28-2005, 07:34 PM

Default Re: Empire vs Party Poker

Well empire is a rock garden now with only around 5k playing at a time compared to 50k at party. The players suck at both but the there is more padding to the pot at party.
Old 12-28-2005, 09:00 PM

I dont find Empire that tight.
Want tight, try a prima room. 2 players per flop on full ring, fun fun.
Old 12-28-2005, 09:18 PM

Prima sounds a lot like Absolute.

Speaking of bonuses [img]/images/graemlins/smile.gif[/img], does the Party/Empire divorce mean that I can now get rakeback and deposit bonuses at Empire despite having a Party account?
Old 12-29-2005, 01:19 AM

This is good info from all and certainly helps solidify my decision.

Thank you for the response and I continue to look forward to any additional comments.

AKQJ10 - This is a well drawn question I believe. Let me say this...

PSO still will not allow players who signed up for Empire to become active signing up for the Instant Bankroll deal at Party Poker.

On the other hand the Poker Office group is now offering their software to new sign ups at Empire even if they have a Party Poker account.

To me this tells me you should explore the potential you have brought forward to the group and then let us all know. Personally I think I will wait to hear what you discover on the rake back issues before I take the stroll up to the cashier at Empire. I know they are indeed offering up a deposit bonus to new accounts who hold current Party Poker accounts based on the information found at the Poker Office site.

My take on this is yes we can get first time deposit and recurring deposit bonuses from both sites. I have a feeling the reason PSO will not honor Instant Bankroll at Party Poker if an individual has an account at Empire is more or less something Party Poker required of them to continue the Instant Bankroll offer relationship. This makes since to me and it also would explain why Empire would honor a deal even if you have a Party Poker account as well (referencing the PO deal), Empire seeks the new business.

Party wants to restrict as much as possiable any association with Empire so it seems. This is a common practice when the big guy divorces the little guy and brings me to the age old question... "Can't we all just get along?" :-)

Maybe this post I put up has some major benefit for all thanks to AKQJ10's progressively responsive mind set. Remind me to be cautious if we ever play at the same table hehe.

Your a great group of guys!
Monty
Old 12-29-2005, 11:20 AM

[ QUOTE ]
Speaking of bonuses [img]/images/graemlins/smile.gif[/img], does the Party/Empire divorce mean that I can now get rakeback and deposit bonuses at Empire despite having a Party account?

[/ QUOTE ]
I've got accounts at both sites now. I'm sure you can score yourself an rb account at empire.
Old 12-30-2005, 03:39 PM

[ QUOTE ]
Prima sounds a lot like Absolute.

[/ QUOTE ]

Yes, to the bonus part, if you are a new Empire account. Existing Empire accounts should contact Empire about this.

As for rake I am fairly certain I have seen affiliates running rakeback programs for Empire but I have not seen the terms of those programs.

Monty