Two Plus Two Older Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Older Archives > General Gambling > Computer Technical Help
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 12-08-2005, 05:36 PM

Default Can anyone help me with a phpbb board?

It's TheLiberalForums.com.

I'm helping a friend of mine get it set up. I've got some sidebars and stuff, but it appears to have broken the forum. Currently the sidebars are set up in index_body.tpl. I want to move them to overall_header & overall_footer (which I've done), but I need to get this problem figured out first.

When you try to log in using the form on the bottom, it doesn't do a login, and instead takes you to a search page (the login link at the top works fine).

This is the heart of the problem. From within the tables I have setup that make the sidebars, it won't do any kind of login properly.

I rebuilt the sidebars using overall_header and overall_footer so that they worked on all pages instead of just the main index. I did this under the template "Liberal". I didn't want to set this as the forum default until I made sure things worked better. Well, after I finished creating it, I tried going to the admin panel. When I had to re-authenticate, it did it again.

I haven't tested to see if the login form at the bottom works with this setup (I don't see why it would) but the similar problem leads me to believe I am doing something wrong.

I don't know much about php or html, but I can usually figure stuff out with some direction.

So can anyone point me in the right direction? Let me know if you want the index_body for the first test case, or the overall header/footer for the second case.

Test username: test/test

Freakin
Old 12-09-2005, 12:49 AM

Default Re: Can anyone help me with a phpbb board?

It's because your log in form is nested inside your search form (and your search form is never closed).

Load the page and view the source and do a find on "form". You'll see the first form is

<form name="search_block" method="post" action="search.php" onsubmit="return checkSearch()">

and the next form is
<form method="post" action="login.php">

however you haven't closed the first form with a </form>

So you need to put </form> right above

<input type="hidden" name="search_fields" value="all" />
<input type="hidden" name="show_results" value="topics" />

Edit - don't waste your 3,000th post to thank me [img]/images/graemlins/smile.gif[/img]
Old 12-09-2005, 12:40 PM

Default Re: Can anyone help me with a phpbb board?

Trust me, It's not a waste.

THANK YOU!!! [img]/images/graemlins/grin.gif[/img] [img]/images/graemlins/grin.gif[/img] [img]/images/graemlins/grin.gif[/img]

Freakin