Two Plus Two Older Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Older Archives > PL/NL Texas Hold'em > Small Stakes Pot-, No-Limit Hold'em

Old 12-05-2005, 10:22 PM

Default JJ in wierd PF situation...

reads-shortstack is a donk thats probably on tilt, this is the other villains first hand at the table, so no reads yet.

50nl 6max
button ~4
effective stack 50
dealt to hero J [img]/images/graemlins/club.gif[/img]J [img]/images/graemlins/diamond.gif[/img] UTG

pre flop- hero raises to 2, CO calls, Button raises to 5, SB folds to hero...

CO had posted early here so im not sure if his call means much of anything. what is your play here? i will post what i did after i get some responses...
Old 12-05-2005, 10:26 PM

Default Re: JJ in wierd PF situation...

If button is the donk on tilt, then raise to isolate him. Hate to give CO odds to play SC or something else that might stack you.
Old 12-05-2005, 10:28 PM

I have a tendency to reraise here. Not sure if it is right though. I probably make it $12-$13 and expect CO to fold. Calling is an equally viable option, but I prefer to raise.
Old 12-05-2005, 10:41 PM

ok, so i agree with u fellas. i made it 17 to go and got flat called by villain. what is your line on these flops, remember the pot is ~39 and villain has less than that left behind...

10d 4c 6c

Kc 2c 5c

As 4s 10c

5c 8s 9d
Old 12-05-2005, 10:50 PM

Tricky. Awkward stack sizes with JJ OOP...gotta love it. I am probably making a PSB for all non A-K flops. I probably push the all clubs flop. I think I check/fold the A 4 10 flop. If villain is betting this flop, either a) he is a complete tool betting a worse hand into a side pot or b) he has an A. I usually assume the latter and fold.
Old 12-05-2005, 10:53 PM

[ QUOTE ]
ok, so i agree with u fellas. i made it 17 to go and got flat called by villain. what is your line on these flops, remember the pot is ~39 and villain has less than that left behind...

10d 4c 6c

Kc 2c 5c

As 4s 10c

5c 8s 9d

[/ QUOTE ]

You are representing a big hand. If villain is as you describe him his range is wide. I definitely push on flops 1 and 4. Flops 2 & 3 make your standard CB. Fold to flop rasie on hand 3.
Old 12-06-2005, 02:15 PM

Is button all in now? Just reraise or move in whatever. Really depends on your read of CO. But if he is loose, just move in PF.
Old 12-06-2005, 02:23 PM

[ QUOTE ]

10d 4c 6c

Kc 2c 5c

As 4s 10c

5c 8s 9d

[/ QUOTE ]

First and fourth flops are easy pushes.

Second and third are trickier and a solid read would help a lot. Without much of a read I think you've already represented a monster hand pre-flop, might as well fire at it and hope he folds a mid-range pair, but be very wary of a raise.