Two Plus Two Older Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Older Archives > PL/NL Texas Hold'em > Small Stakes Pot-, No-Limit Hold'em
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 12-02-2005, 08:03 PM

Default Re: What hand does the fish have?

[ QUOTE ]
I raise his weak ass blocking bet on the river. The rest looks good but maybe I raise more preflop, like 7$, but im just nitpicking.

Plz respond to the other thread, lets make the bet!

[/ QUOTE ]

After I had a better read, I was raising more pre-flop here. I think I would typically raise this river too (against most opponents). Yet when a very passive fish gets even somewhat frisky, like betting the turn, something inside of me shutdown.

When I reviewed this hand I was really shocked. 1) I would always put this guy on a second best hand here 2) My gut hit me hard on the turn call and told me to slow down despite the probabilities that I had the best hand. I mean I don't get it at all really, it makes little 'logical' sense.

I'm trying to track the results of my 'gut' (subconcious mind) being correct. At lives games I'm uncanningly able to listen to this instinct with percision. Online, I don't really have a record of tracking my results.

How would I 'know' to slow down here?
Old 12-02-2005, 08:13 PM

well its more read dependant, but in my experience, this river bet is an A that really doesnt want to face another 30$ bet so he hopes you will just call like you did. I find it best to ignore the bet and play as if he checked. In that case, would you have bet river? Probably, so go ahead and raise.
Old 12-02-2005, 08:59 PM

[ QUOTE ]
well its more read dependant, but in my experience, this river bet is an A that really doesnt want to face another 30$ bet so he hopes you will just call like you did. I find it best to ignore the bet and play as if he checked. In that case, would you have bet river? Probably, so go ahead and raise.

[/ QUOTE ]

I agree with you 99.99% of time... really I do. Only time I don't is when my gut crunches like it did. [img]/images/graemlins/smile.gif[/img]

How often do you 'listen' to your gut?
Old 12-02-2005, 09:06 PM

Default Results & another hand played with villian

Villian shows T [img]/images/graemlins/diamond.gif[/img],6 [img]/images/graemlins/diamond.gif[/img]

Yes, I raised more pre-flop from this point on. Yes, I kept value betting hands. Here's another one played much later with same villian.

Party Poker No-Limit Hold'em, $ BB (9 handed) FTR converter on zerodivide.cx

saw flop|<font color="#C00000">saw showdown</font>

CO ($70.09)
Button ($76)
<font color="#C00000">SB ($36)</font>
BB ($96.42)
UTG ($55.57)
<font color="#C00000">Hero ($64.20)</font>
MP1 ($60.57)
MP2 ($142.79)
MP3 ($118.75)

Preflop: Hero is UTG+1 with A[img]/images/graemlins/club.gif[/img], K[img]/images/graemlins/spade.gif[/img]. CO posts a blind of $0.75. SB posts a blind of $0.25.
UTG calls $0.50, <font color="#CC3333">Hero raises to $5</font>, <font color="#666666">5 folds</font>, SB (poster) calls $4.75, <font color="#666666">1 fold</font>, UTG folds.

Flop: ($11.75) 8[img]/images/graemlins/club.gif[/img], A[img]/images/graemlins/diamond.gif[/img], 4[img]/images/graemlins/diamond.gif[/img] <font color="#0000FF">(2 players)</font>
<font color="#CC3333">SB bets $2</font>, <font color="#CC3333">Hero raises to $13</font>, SB calls $11.

Turn: ($37.75) 6[img]/images/graemlins/heart.gif[/img] <font color="#0000FF">(2 players)</font>
<font color="#CC3333">SB bets $2</font>, <font color="#CC3333">Hero raises to $18</font>, SB calls $16 (All-In).

River: ($73.75) 2[img]/images/graemlins/club.gif[/img] <font color="#0000FF">(2 players, 1 all-in)</font>

Final Pot: $73.75

Results in white below: <font color="#FFFFFF">
Hero has Ac Ks (one pair, aces).
SB has Ah 8d (two pair, aces and eights).
Outcome: SB wins $73.75. </font>

I mean what can you do? [img]/images/graemlins/smile.gif[/img]
Old 12-02-2005, 11:17 PM

Default Re: Results & another hand played with villian

Your gut told you somethiong, then why bother posting. Posts are for when we dont have a read. If we have reads we dont need a line from a website.