Two Plus Two Older Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Older Archives > PL/NL Texas Hold'em > Small Stakes Pot-, No-Limit Hold'em
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 11-27-2005, 08:09 PM

Default playing the players(maybe)

reads- MP is an over aggro donk, not quite a maniac. he has bet into all PFRs since i have been at the table. CO is pretty good, pretty tight. he isnt great, but not a complete idiot.

50nl 6 max
MP 30
CO 50
hero covers

dealt to hero 5 [img]/images/graemlins/club.gif[/img]5 [img]/images/graemlins/heart.gif[/img] in BB

pre flop- MP limps, CO raises to 2, Hero calls in BB, MP calls.

flop(6.25)-K [img]/images/graemlins/spade.gif[/img]8 [img]/images/graemlins/heart.gif[/img]5 [img]/images/graemlins/club.gif[/img]
hero checks , MP bets 6, CO calls, hero calls.

i never, ever c/c flopped sets to the PFR, but i wanted to get a bet from MP and see if CO liked his hand at all.

turn (24.25)-A [img]/images/graemlins/diamond.gif[/img]
hero checks , MP checks, CO bets 9, hero raises to 30, MP calls all in, CO calls

i never do this. i dont think i like it, but i was trying to play the players and make sure to get CO involved. should i just lead out here even though a scare card hit, or is my line ok? flame away...
Old 11-27-2005, 08:17 PM

Default Re: playing the players(maybe)

I think your title sucks..it's more suited for some badass bluff that's based on some cool hand reading skills. having a set on a board that has no made hand possibility doesn't really involve much 'playing the player'

bet the flop, at least check raise it..I guess turn play is okay after c/c'in on flop tho
Old 11-27-2005, 08:32 PM

I would have check raised the flop. That seems pretty safe because of the read of MP always betting into a PFR.
Old 11-27-2005, 08:41 PM

Well, you got all the money in, so I guess it can't be all bad. That turn ace has the potential to be an action killer, although it didn't in this case. I think I would c/r the flop with your read. Nothing too big because I'd like them both to come along for the ride.
Old 11-27-2005, 08:52 PM

[ QUOTE ]
I think your title sucks..it's more suited for some badass bluff that's based on some cool hand reading skills.

[/ QUOTE ]

ya, u r right, but it looked so cool when i typed it...
Old 11-27-2005, 08:58 PM

think the flop play is fine given your read, I do this all the time vs aggros. If CO folded I'd probably raise, but since both people are coming along I'd rather play it passvely again, I think the money made with a successufl cr is > than the money lost by two checks behind.

Yeah the A is a bad card right here, but I'm probably leading this flop because of the potential of both players checking behind. If you suspect villain is going to fire a second barrel frequently, the c/r is perfect, but you gotta be pretty certain he's taking another shot at the pot.
Old 11-27-2005, 09:01 PM

Haven't read other reponses but I would think that you want to isolate the MP. To do that you will probably have to reraise on the flop. If the CO is alright he probably realizes that his AK isn't going to hold up (depends on your table image).

Reraise to 15 and in a perfect world MP might reraise again. That will for sure put up heads up against MP.

In the end my guess is that your hand is still good here but you are facing CO with AK and with one card to come has a couple outs.

Guin
Old 11-27-2005, 09:42 PM

[ QUOTE ]
Haven't read other reponses but I would think that you want to isolate the MP. To do that you will probably have to reraise on the flop. If the CO is alright he probably realizes that his AK isn't going to hold up (depends on your table image).

Reraise to 15 and in a perfect world MP might reraise again. That will for sure put up heads up against MP.

In the end my guess is that your hand is still good here but you are facing CO with AK and with one card to come has a couple outs.

Guin

[/ QUOTE ]

i dont want AK to fold. i dont want CO to fold. i want all of both of their money, and this weak as* line was the best one i could come up with at the time.