Two Plus Two Older Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Older Archives > Tournament Poker > Multi-table Tournaments
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 11-08-2005, 01:32 PM

Default Re: progress after 2 weeks... still a long way to go... help?

[ QUOTE ]
given the parameters of stack sizes like you mentioned, that it would be better to do this against a loose aggressive opponent or a tight aggressive opponent?

[/ QUOTE ]

I think you nailed the answer right here. The trick is to find an opponent who is LAG, but not a maniac. There are players who are constitutionally incapable of laying down a hand after they raise, and it would be bad to try this on them. ("Re-raise? Ha! I'll show you, beat 66!") Before I do this I have to have seen someone raise, and then fold to a reraise, or at the minimum, limp and then fold to a raise.

If they are TAG, I'm not going to mess with them. The chances are too good they have a calling hand.

Sam
Old 11-08-2005, 06:09 PM

Default Re: progress after 2 weeks... still a long way to go... help?

Thanks wood and sam for your insights, that is one of the areas that I feel my game could use alot of work in, reraising all in over a raiser with a medium stack and being sucessful at it could take me from going into picking 2 cards to push area and putting me in taking 2 cards and bully area.

I can play the short stack fairly well, and the big stack I am ok with (not great, but certainly not terrible) and medium stack is one of those grey areas that I've been trying to figure out recently to hopefully make me a better all around tournament player.