Two Plus Two Older Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Older Archives > Tournament Poker > One-table Tournaments
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 11-06-2005, 07:25 AM

Default Re: $109s - AK Hand

[ QUOTE ]

You've decided to let him maintain the betting impetus and hang himself to whatever degree he wishes. I think that's a great idea considering the situation you've built for yourself here very early in this SNG.

[/ QUOTE ]

If he bets the river, is our hero just calling?

Unarmed: Thanks for posting.
Old 11-06-2005, 07:27 AM

Ok, say my image isn't so crappy and his range is therefore richer in made hands. (PPs) Isn't it still a good idea to check behind on the turn to induce a call from him on the river? How much would I bet on the turn (if any) if I could see his hole cards? (88)

The way I see it is:

He bets flop and gets called. He thinks, f*ck he has an ace. I bet turn, he says, yep I'm beat, and folds. However, if I check behind on the turn, he goes hmmmm maybe he has KQ? Then I bet the riv and he has to make a crying call.
Old 11-06-2005, 02:02 PM

[ QUOTE ]
Ok, say my image isn't so crappy and his range is therefore richer in made hands. (PPs) Isn't it still a good idea to check behind on the turn to induce a call from him on the river? How much would I bet on the turn (if any) if I could see his hole cards? (88)

The way I see it is:

He bets flop and gets called. He thinks, f*ck he has an ace. I bet turn, he says, yep I'm beat, and folds. However, if I check behind on the turn, he goes hmmmm maybe he has KQ? Then I bet the riv and he has to make a crying call.

[/ QUOTE ]

I'm with you. This is one of the rare times I really don't agree with Ireiguy. Maybe I'm missing something he's saying, but it doesn't add up for me.
Old 11-06-2005, 02:06 PM

I was with Irieguy until he said to check the river. 400 chips is nice but you are gonna automatically get 400 more by betting! Just bet.
Old 11-06-2005, 02:11 PM

make a small bet here (t200 or so), I dont see the harm in getting called and winning some more chips.

would you mind posting the rest of the "terrorizing" level 1???