Two Plus Two Older Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Older Archives > Other Topics > Sporting Events
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 10-29-2005, 06:34 PM

Default Northwestern

Do you guys really think they're as good as their past huge wins have demonstrated? For some reason I can't picture them as a good team; I didn't see the MSU game, but I'm assuming that they played awful to lose that badly.

I dunno, I can't see Michigan losing this one, but I'm not that confident.
Old 10-29-2005, 06:48 PM

Default Re: Northwestern

I think that past years performance is a much better indicator of how a team will do in a year rather than the performance of games played in that year.

You sound like such a homer who hasn't been paying attention to any Big Ten football with the exception of your precious Wolverines.
Old 10-29-2005, 06:55 PM

I follow it all. I know they've got a great qb and an average defense. Also, if these posts get annoying where i ask ppl's opinions on the Michigan games, I'll stop doing them. I just like hearing about people's analysis of them and the Bears.

And I think I'm confused about your point in your post: did you mean that NU's performance this season indicates that they'll be very good next season? Or did you mean that their past performances (ie-they suck) indicate that they aren't a good team this season?
Old 10-29-2005, 07:00 PM

It means I was being sarcastic. You seemed to have a hard time believing NW could possibly be any good because they have sucked the last few years. Ignoring the fact that they have played very good football this year (and barring a miracle 4th and 15 by my Lions), could be undefeated in the Big 10.
Old 10-29-2005, 07:37 PM

Smart senior QB running a wide open gimmick offense. They're pretty good. Could be interesting.
Old 10-29-2005, 08:58 PM

[ QUOTE ]
I follow it all. I know they've got a great qb and an average defense. Also, if these posts get annoying where i ask ppl's opinions on the Michigan games, I'll stop doing them. I just like hearing about people's analysis of them and the Bears.

And I think I'm confused about your point in your post: did you mean that NU's performance this season indicates that they'll be very good next season? Or did you mean that their past performances (ie-they suck) indicate that they aren't a good team this season?

[/ QUOTE ]

Northwestern:

Offense - very very very very good. Top 10 in the country good.

Defense - not average. coming into today, they were 117 out of 117 in total yds against. Defense is the worst in Division 1. It doesn't help that the offense scores in 2 minutes, so that does hurt, but the defense is easily in the bottom 17 in the country.