Two Plus Two Older Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Older Archives > Tournament Poker > Multi-table Tournaments
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 10-22-2005, 07:49 PM

Default Re: Completely Lost with AA

I don't play cash games, only tourneys, and still think that you will win against limper often enough to make this a good play (which would leave you with 4000 chips if you beat him and not sb) vs. 8600 if you fold. And if you do win against both, you have a massive stack at this table (28K) and can bully this table into submission for many rounds to come. I can see an argument for folding this, but since I don't think limper is on as tight of a range as you point out, I'd shove the rest of my chips in on good odds. I have no qualms about getting my chips in on a slightly +EV situation if it makes my stack considerably larger than the next highest stack (28K vs. 10K). With that much of an chip increase, if I win it, I would be feeling very positive about going far into the tourney even at that point, and would be salivating come bubble time.
Old 10-22-2005, 07:58 PM

This is ridiculous. This is a call. Why are we giving SB so much credit for a hand, why would he just push into 2 players with a monster, it reeks of a draw/ marginal top pair crap Limper limps a lot but he probably raises TT or JJ... I honestly can't only give him credit for calling the all in with the nuts or near nuts.

Call.
Old 10-22-2005, 08:03 PM

[ QUOTE ]
equity (%) win (%) tie (%)
Hand 1: 27.4412 % 26.92% 00.52% { AA }
Hand 2: 20.0101 % 19.55% 00.46% { QQ-JJ, AJs+, KQs, AJo+, KQo }
Hand 3: 52.5487 % 52.19% 00.36% { JJ-TT, 77, AJs, AJo }

[/ QUOTE ]

I disagree with this hand range.

I dont see the SB pushing into 2 players here with JJ.

As for the limper, considering he probably limps a lot of junk, I think we can throw in Q9 (s or o), as well as AT and 88 99, depending on his donkish tendencies. Its been a while since ive done a 5 dollar tournament, but I have seen some VERY bad hands in this type of spot.
Old 10-22-2005, 08:04 PM

If you call for 3/4s of your stack, why not go ahead and push the rest of them in? You would be pot committed at that point, and if you feel good about calling off that much of your stack, shouldn't you go ahead and get the rest in vs. limper before he sees a card on the turn or river that scares him off his hand (not likely, unless he is on a draw and folds it on river to a bet).

I do agree with your analysis, I think if sb had a monster, he'd be much more likely to check to the preflop bettor and then go for a check raise or a smooth call and continue on the turn. And completely agree about the limper, although it is possible he just calls with a set there.
Old 10-22-2005, 08:49 PM

Yeah when i said call i meant push.
Old 10-23-2005, 04:03 PM

Thanks for running the numbers everyone. After using my entire time bank, i called them. SB had KQ for an openended straight...as expected. Limper had QJ for top pair. Definitely a donk. Anyway, i dodged all the cards i needed to, and it gave me a huge stack. I still felt completely lost on the flop tho.

Thanks
Jason.

BTW, i took 5th for $1k in this tournament. Hooray.