Two Plus Two Older Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Older Archives > Limit Texas Hold'em > Small Stakes Shorthanded
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 10-23-2005, 06:14 AM

Default ace high in big pot

75/150

SB is a LAG. i've been playing him heads up for the past 20 minutes or so. i've been teh passive one, letting my opponent bet my hands for me. he's been 3-bet bluffing the turn with Q3 high. i've been running bad and folding a lot.

button has just joined. he watched us play HU for a while.

button opens, SB 3-bets, i cap with A[img]/images/graemlins/diamond.gif[/img]Q[img]/images/graemlins/spade.gif[/img].

flop is 9[img]/images/graemlins/diamond.gif[/img]10[img]/images/graemlins/club.gif[/img]9[img]/images/graemlins/spade.gif[/img]. i bet. 2 calls.

turn is 3[img]/images/graemlins/club.gif[/img]. SB bets, I raise, button 3-bets, SB folds, I call.

river is 10[img]/images/graemlins/diamond.gif[/img]. i check and call.
Old 10-23-2005, 06:20 AM

Location: duffman is thrusting in the direction of the problem (mets are 9-13, currently on a 1 game winning streak)
Default Re: ace high in big pot

hmm 13.5-1 on the turn, and 15.5-1 on the river. so it's about 7-1 effective. when behind you probably have around 2.5 outs or so. there are also reverse implied odds. that takes up about 5% of ti. now you need to win at showdown another 7.5%. you don't know the T is gonna pair the board, so either you made a bad call for a draw, or you are gonna have to be ahead 7.5% on any rive rthat's not an A or Q. I don't think this is even close really. so you're not good enough on the river to go for the double call for the effective odds and your draw isn't good enough for the pure odds. so imo fold the turn to the 3-bet
Old 10-23-2005, 06:28 AM

throw in the fact that button is a thinking player, probably thinks i fold too much, and consider all the possible draws on the board.

it looks like good spot to semi-bluff to me... but i could be crazy. i find situations like this difficult to evaluate. so i call down. it might well be a big leak.
Old 10-23-2005, 06:34 AM

I don't think he is semi-bluffing very often after the action goes: bet-raise to him on the turn.
Old 10-23-2005, 06:39 AM

[ QUOTE ]
I don't think he is semi-bluffing very often after the action goes: bet-raise to him on the turn.

[/ QUOTE ]

that's why i like semi-bluffing here. but maybe i'm the only one that thinks that way.
Old 10-23-2005, 07:12 AM

Location: duffman is thrusting in the direction of the problem (mets are 9-13, currently on a 1 game winning streak)

it's a pretty good semi-bluff with ace-little of clubs or Kcxc, but I just don't know if he does it enough. it's close. I'll give you that.
Old 10-23-2005, 08:35 AM

it is close. sb bets, u raise, he 3bets...tough situation. Especially with that board. LAG is a lag and while he could call with hands, a lot of the time hes betting nothing and Button has seen u fold a lot under pressure and he putting some on u right now.

Soo tough man. I could go either or but would be very tempted to call this down. Have you played with the button much and has he seen u raise-fold a lot this session? You mentioned folding, but if u raised-folded more than once Id probably call down.

EDITED for content