Two Plus Two Older Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Older Archives > General Gambling > Rake Back

Old 10-18-2005, 08:56 AM

Default Re: Opened new Party Acct. Today

To the contrary, I've read nearly every single post made since the launch of this forum.

I have never once bad-mouthed an individual affiliate/advertiser/sponsor; I've only expressed the same frustration that others have felt. Morgan, ask yourself why, since the day this forum launched, the sponsors and advertisers of this forum have had their integrity and motivations questioned by nearly every one of the most respected posters on this forum. Don't try and isolate me, because I'm simply expressing the same frustration that other far smarter and more well respected posters have done.
Readers of this forum have been delivered mixed messages from the very start, so don't hide behind a "but you weren't reading who was saying what" excuse. Yes, I guess you are damned if you do and damned if you don't: police the forum too much and you're labeled the gestapo / too little and face complaints that there's too much hypocrisy going on (when it's perhaps coming from different voices). But such is life, and the sponsors of this forum bear ultimate responsibility, even while I acknowledge you're in somewhat of a tough spot.
Old 10-18-2005, 04:12 PM

[ QUOTE ]
Then I misunderstood some of the other posts. I understood posts to say that new accounts would receive the new benefits from party.

[/ QUOTE ]

lolz
you have >1000 posts, this has to be a joke
Old 10-18-2005, 04:16 PM

Location: duffman is thrusting in the direction of the problem (mets are 9-13, currently on a 1 game winning streak)

[ QUOTE ]
has anyone (affiliates and players) considered that this method is a red flag? why are you confident that this will work?

if i were doing rakeback quietly, i would never take a player who has switched accounts in this fashion because i would fear that in a month they will come close me down because of all my new players that closed/open accounts during this period.

affiliate managers are going to see this at the end of month.

[/ QUOTE ]

this is what I've been thinking too. it's such an easy way to track down rakeback affiliates. a whole bunch of people closed their old accounts and signed up with this affiliate. hmmmmmm. doesn't take a genius to figure out that it's not a rush of people that wants new WOWREAL bonuses and chip sets
Old 10-18-2005, 04:20 PM

Location: duffman is thrusting in the direction of the problem (mets are 9-13, currently on a 1 game winning streak)
Default There Is a Reason Why...

...I did this when he had <100 posts

Old 10-19-2005, 05:28 AM

[ QUOTE ]

You're on tilt tonight.

From the lack of professionalism throughout, it's hard to trust in anyone posting in this forum.

[/ QUOTE ]
Old 10-19-2005, 06:05 AM

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
I opened a new Party account today with a new e-mail and a new payment account that I just created. I got a phone call from party within 30 minutes asking about my old account, even SUGGESTING I use the old one. I told them to close it that I would use my new account and they did, but I wonder if this will cause any problems with any "extras" I am supposed to be getting.

[/ QUOTE ]
Why did you make this post? Do you realize that you and all the other posters who make posts like this are throwing rocks at a hornet's nest?

Someone trusted you to be discrete and did business with you. You just repaid them by endangering everyone's business.

The key is "don't ask, don't tell". Party can easily figure out which affiliates are breaking the rules and shut down them all down. If everyone is discrete Party might decide that it is in their best interest to ignore what is happening because it brings them business they might not otherwise have.

So many of you continue to embarrass Party by flaunting your disregard for the rules. Of course Party already knows exactly what the score is but that is not the issue. They don't actually care how an affiliate spends his money. But they cannot tolerate a public spectacle in front of the traditional affiliates, recreational players, auditors, stock analysts, and institutional investors.

[/ QUOTE ]

This post rules!
Old 10-19-2005, 07:19 AM

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
I [img]/images/graemlins/heart.gif[/img] StellarWind.

[/ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

As do I. It's an extremely common error, but the word is "discreet" not "discrete." [img]/images/graemlins/laugh.gif[/img]

[/ QUOTE ]

THE ISLAND OF DISCRETE!!
Old 10-20-2005, 02:52 PM

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
It's an extremely common error, but the word is "discreet" not "discrete." [img]/images/graemlins/laugh.gif[/img]

[/ QUOTE ]
Oops, it's a homonym [img]/images/graemlins/blush.gif[/img]. Thanks for teaching me something new [img]/images/graemlins/laugh.gif[/img].

[/ QUOTE ]

I almost can't believe I'm posting this. I am such a pedant. You mean "homophone" rather than "homonym."

I feel I have missed out on a clever in-joke though.

Guy.