Two Plus Two Older Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Older Archives > PL/NL Texas Hold'em > Mid-, High-Stakes Pot- and No-Limit Hold'em
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 10-13-2005, 03:42 PM

Default Re: Multi-way 10/20 ps, 500bb stacks

I did misread; I meant to say UTG has the A [img]/images/graemlins/diamond.gif[/img].

And I thought H@ was the one raising.
Old 10-13-2005, 05:52 PM

I don't need to show h@ll or kelly or any1 else at the table anything. I don't play 1000bb+ pots for metagame considerations. Maybe 200bb pots, however if anything i consider metagame spots in different smaller pots so that i can exploit them now (either opponents will call/fold too much).

Whoever suggested pushing, that just doesnt make sense IMO. UTG will probably call w/ a Qhigh flush, button will probably only call w/ the nuts, and UTG may possibly stack off on a 9hi flush. In other words we lose the most when behind and win the least when ahead.

Craze: you seem much less worried about h@ll than i was. Obviously i was more worried about UTG(and whoever suggested that the nut flush is more likely to smooth call than raise is plain wrong... look @ stack sizes). However i did not rule out that h@ll had me beat. I know you know him a lot better than I do, but I don't know if your reads are off because he is playing me and not you (i'd imagine my turn betting standards here are a bit tighter than yours, not sure tho), or if my reads are way off on him. I thouhgt button's range was perhaps only 3x as large as UTG's range.

I obviously dont like raising in hindsight for above stated reasons, and at the time i didnt like calling because what do i do if button pushes, or if utg leads allin on the river (i think i need to muck, but not so sure on the button push). Folding is obviously no fun as i have the third nuts.

Results to follow tomorow.
Old 10-13-2005, 05:57 PM

Man this one is tough -

I think I fold here though. Don't like the strength that UTG is showing and I don't like feeling squeezed between UTG and Button.

If UTG is in fact semi-bluffing two players with the naked Ad, well then I guess it's a great play.
Old 10-13-2005, 06:29 PM

lol i watched this hand the other day. was just randomly watching the 10/20 tables. so i already know the results.
Old 10-13-2005, 06:31 PM

reraising folds out a smaller flush

if button has Ad we accept that here in exchange for the certainty of getting a bet or a stack from utg on a river blank (assuming he has a smaller flush, which is a pretty safe bet imo)
Old 10-13-2005, 07:41 PM

pots like this are the reason I will never, EVER play high stakes NLHE. i'd need a major enema after this one, win or lose.
Old 10-13-2005, 08:09 PM

[ QUOTE ]
pots like this are the reason I will never, EVER play high stakes NLHE. i'd need a major enema after this one, win or lose.

[/ QUOTE ]

Pots like this are the reason small suited cards, small pocket pairs begin to actually have REVERSE implied odds at these stack sizes. Just something to think about. Suited Aces, Mid, to large PP, and nut straight builders.

-JP
Old 10-13-2005, 10:36 PM

[ QUOTE ]
lol i watched this hand the other day. was just randomly watching the 10/20 tables. so i already know the results.

[/ QUOTE ]

Thanks for this contribution to the thread.
Old 10-13-2005, 10:37 PM

[ QUOTE ]
Pots like this are the reason small suited cards, small pocket pairs begin to actually have REVERSE implied odds at these stack sizes.

[/ QUOTE ]

Only if you pay off better hands. I love those hands w/ stacks like this.
Old 10-14-2005, 01:20 AM

no problem chief