Two Plus Two Older Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Older Archives > Tournament Poker > One-table Tournaments
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 09-30-2005, 06:02 PM

Default Re: $22. I\'m lost. Whats your play?

[ QUOTE ]
On the first hand I pop it to around 125 preflop then see what develops on the flop. If the board isn't scary, I'd check. Most villians will bet 2 high cards in this spot, then you can push over the top to maximize FE. If you just bet out, they may think you are stealing and push all in with AK trying to get you out, and you have a tough decision to make. If the flop comes with 2 cards A-Q with multiple callers, I check muck it without a set, and make a continuation bet if only one opponent and one big card, A,K, or Q.

[/ QUOTE ]

I can't decide if I like this line or not. I'm going to have to try it. I might make it t175 though pf, to represent a better holding.
Old 09-30-2005, 06:15 PM

Assuming from eight left and relatively balanced stack sizes that people are either really loose (and trading chips back and forth) or more likely really passive.

Assuming we are getting to see a few flops, that people aren't constantly raising i'm going to limp the sevens in hand one. We've got enough to play with. I don't like a 125-150 here at all, thats just a little too much of my stack right now this far out of position. I don't mind seeing a flop cheap and having a chance to outplay my opponents and obviously the set factor as well.

Hand two is an instapush for me here, assuming the table is indeed normal or passive and not crazy.
Old 09-30-2005, 06:17 PM

i fold both

losing 50 chips is alot ot you at this point... save your chips for next level.
Old 09-30-2005, 07:04 PM

I'd typically limp the 77 for set value at level 3, especially since your stack is still relatively healthy (might be a different story if you were at t600).

With 55, I've been pushing this type of hand. You're two off the button, you have less than 10xBB, and you have a pocket pair, albeit a low one. Yes, when you get called by a higher pocket it really sucks...but you'll often pick up the blinds here, which helps...and you'll often be called by overcards, giving you a 54-ish percent chance of doubling up (which at this point in the tournament, you'll jump at). That's what I'd do here at a 22...would the more experienced among us consider that a leak of mine?
Old 09-30-2005, 07:08 PM

I fold both
Old 09-30-2005, 07:17 PM

ok, i did fold both. I thought folding the 77 might be weak/tight, but i didnt want to raise, and limping seemed like a bad play at this level.

Personally, i dont like the 10 BB rule. I think i prefer to play the 7-8 BB rule. You still have plenty of FE, and I'm not in THAT much trouble compared to my opponents.