Two Plus Two Older Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Older Archives > Limit Texas Hold'em > Small Stakes Hold'em

Old 08-28-2005, 07:53 AM

Default Re: My First Year of Limit Poker (long)

Heya sir - just wanted to say congrats. We seem to have followed some similar paths, but I still have trouble posting here as much as I probably should. In any case, 10/20 6max really isn't that large of a jump from 5/10. As soon as you feel comfortable, you should definitely take some shots at it - it really is the quickest way to get where you want to be.

Good luck!
Old 08-28-2005, 11:21 AM

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
Great post. I liked hearing about how you told your family. That something I would like to do at some point, but for now, my wife is at least passively supportive. Once I can convince her my success over the last year is due to skill and not luck I think I'll be able to be proud of my poker accomplishments.

[/ QUOTE ]

Another small benefit of the grind. Being able to hand my Dad a printout of PT stats with like 50k hands where I was winning 2 BB/100 at .5/1 in my first two months was helpful. Nothing impressive to 2p2ers, but to normal people 50,000 hands is an insane number and to be beating it at a solid rate and being able to do a confidence interval for him really helped. My dad's no statistician, but he got the point.

[/ QUOTE ]

I just gor PT and am having a hard time with it. I usually play on Paradise, any suggestions?
Old 08-30-2005, 04:01 PM

[ QUOTE ]
I just gor PT and am having a hard time with it. I usually play on Paradise, any suggestions?

[/ QUOTE ]

Yes.

Stop playing on Paradise.
Old 08-30-2005, 04:19 PM

[ QUOTE ]
but the one thing I have going for me is the ability to be mediocre at multiple tables for long periods of time without wanting to shoot myself in the head.

[/ QUOTE ]

First off, that is [censored] hilarious. I know its not true and you are better than you make yourself out to be, but still, hilarious. Really good and inspirational post. I've only been active on forum about two months if, but my 2001FP should be arriving within next few weeks. I'm hoping to follow similar path, build a big enough roll to seriously consider becoming a permanent grinder. Those Vegas trips sound like fun to.