Two Plus Two Older Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Older Archives > General Poker Discussion > Brick and Mortar
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 08-15-2005, 05:44 PM

Default Borgata morning tourney report...

Psyched- sorta - finished 8th out of 120ish. $75+15 tourney top 9 pay. I must say it was a lot of fun. Started with 5k in chips, blinds increase every 20 minutes. I was surprised at the aggressiveness of people early, but blinds do increase rather fast. Caught some good hands, flopped a nut flush to win a biggie. Then it became a game of stealing and more stealing. Definitely needed some luck as my AK steals were called and held up.
Of course when the final 10 was set, there was one guy out of 10 who wouldn't throw in $10 so that the one eliminated in 10th gets buy-in back. Always a party pooper who doesn't deal ever- he went out in 5th or 6th. I went all in with QJos with 36k left and 20k BB and 10k SB only two away - lost to AK suited. All that work for $128 profit! Damn if only I had a few more chips cause 2nd,3rd and 4th chopped for 2k+ each giving huge stack the win and 3800+. Harrington's books made a difference for me as this was the first live tourney I've played in in years. Pretty busy room for a Monday morning and afternoon.
Fun time, decent structure I suppose for these things and of course the Borgata Babes!!! (I think there is a rule they all have to look like the girl in Sopranos that got wacked but with bigger cleavage and better face if that makes sense.) oh and by the way - of the 120ish people, 10 or so were wearing shades and none of them made the final table.
Old 08-15-2005, 07:57 PM

Default Re: Borgata morning tourney report...

good report, havent played one of these since they went non-rebuy and will be playing in the wednesday morning tourney - congrats on the profit [img]/images/graemlins/grin.gif[/img]
Old 08-16-2005, 12:17 AM

Default Re: Borgata morning tourney report...

Thanks. Seems like 9th -7th is almost a sad payout but I guess it is in line percentage wise with most tourneys.
I may go back later this week and play some low $ cash games. I was talking with some people afterwards and they told me about a $20+10 plus rebuys! at Taj???? wow- sounds like fun but of course an all-in carnival the first hour. Still, with a "budget" of say 4 or 5 rebuys, might give it a go. Anyone play this one.