Two Plus Two Older Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Older Archives > PL/NL Texas Hold'em > Small Stakes Pot-, No-Limit Hold'em
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 08-09-2005, 02:02 PM

Default Re: Time for Results

oh come on man...this is a thinly veiled look at my straight flush brag post.

I like the checkbehind on the turn though and I use this all the time when I have a bunch of outs...don't want to get raised out when the river might make my hand...i punish people that go for silly checkraises like this all the time.

Villain should have led that turn because with your preflop raise he can't put you on the 7 and you would have almost certainly had to fold here if he made a large bet.
Old 08-09-2005, 02:09 PM

yeah it is a bit of a brag post.

but I think its also a bit instructional for times when you have say AK hearts here for example.

I think it also illustrates the problem with checkraising the turn with sets on draw heavy boards.

yes, villain should have bet the turn but really if I had over pair here I would have called his turn bet anyways.
Old 08-09-2005, 08:15 PM

This check behind is standard for me. You definitely don't want to get check-raised big off your monster draw, and unlike monster draws on the flop, you definitely don't want to 'get it all in now'.

Something similar happened to me the other day, I was holding Q [img]/images/graemlins/club.gif[/img]J [img]/images/graemlins/club.gif[/img] and flop came 7 [img]/images/graemlins/club.gif[/img]9 [img]/images/graemlins/diamond.gif[/img]10 [img]/images/graemlins/club.gif[/img]. I had position, Villain bet, I made a big raise, he called, and the turn was a 10 [img]/images/graemlins/spade.gif[/img]. Check, check behind like a good boy, and I hit a K on the river.