Two Plus Two Older Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Older Archives > PL/NL Texas Hold'em > Small Stakes Pot-, No-Limit Hold'em

Old 08-06-2005, 02:36 AM

Default Why You Dont Play at Crypto

So I decided to take a break from limit and dip my toes back into the nl pond. Unfortunately I was playing at a site with backasswards rules, the Cryptologic network.

I believe that I am correct in assuming that the following disregard for standard poker procedure occurs at no other major poker sites. But I could be wrong.

Basically, my problem is that the reraise all in by "Villian" should not be allowed because "Shortstack" did not make a complete raise when he went all in.

The only reason I called Villian2's all-in was because I believed I was closing the action. If I had known Villian1 would have an option to reraise, I would definitely not have called. This specific scenario ran thru my head as the timer clicked down. So you can see why I am not happy.

Here is the hand: 1/2 NL(pounds)

Seat 1: Hero (£449.50 in chips)
Seat 3: Rando1 (£95.25 in chips)
Seat 4: Rando2(£467.95 in chips)
Seat 5: Rando3 (£167 in chips)
Seat 6: Rando4 (£88 in chips)
Seat 7: Villian (£224 in chips)
Seat 8: Shortstack (£104.50 in chips)
Seat 9: Rando5 (£175.89 in chips)
Hero: posts small blind £1
Rando1: posts big blind £2
----- HOLE CARDS -----
dealt to Hero [6d 5d]
Rando2: folds, Rando3: folds, Rando4: folds, Villian: calls £2, Shortstack: calls £2, Rando5: folds, Hero: calls £1, Rando1: checks
----- FLOP ----- [6s Jd 2d]
Hero: bets £6, Rando1: folds, Villain: calls £6, Shortstack: raises to £18, Hero: calls £12, Villain: calls £12
----- TURN ----- [6s Jd 2d][9s]
Hero: checks, Villian: checks, Shortstack: bets £34, Hero: calls £34, Villian: raises to £68, Shortstack: raises to £84.50 and is all-in, Hero: calls £50.50, Villian: raises to £204 and is all-in, Hero: folds
Returned uncalled bets £119.50 to Villian
----- RIVER ----- [6s Jd 2d 9s][9h]
----- SHOW DOWN -----
Villian: shows [Jh Jc] (A Full House, Jacks full of Nines)
Shortstack: shows [Kh Ks] (Two Pairs, Kings and Nines, Jack high)
Villian collected £312.50 from Main pot

Sorry for the nasty hand, crypto doesnt work with the converter.

So, two questions...

Do I have a legitimate beef, or is it my fault I invested an extra 50.5 pounds without knowing the rules of the site.

Regardless, do I have a shot at getting my money returned to me? I plan on firing off some emails, do I have any chance in hell of seeing that money again?
Old 08-06-2005, 04:23 AM

Default Re: Why You Dont Play at Crypto

The Prima network has the same rules, at least, Royal Vegas does. I don't think you are going to get your money back, especially if they have the rules written anywhere on their site.
Old 08-06-2005, 04:57 AM

I realize that getting my money back is HIGHLY unlikely. That doesn't mean I'm not going to try. That rule sucks major azz.
Old 08-06-2005, 05:10 AM

Yeah...highly unlikely sounds a bit too easy. Party doesnt do that. Play there?
Old 08-06-2005, 05:39 AM

Their site disconnects a lot too. Try getting some disconnect protection from them.... they never respond.
Old 08-06-2005, 05:58 AM

Hero: checks, Villian: checks, Shortstack: bets £34, Hero: calls £34, Villian: raises to £68, Shortstack: raises to £84.50 and is all-in, Hero: calls £50.50, Villian: raises to £204 and is all-in, Hero: folds
Returned uncalled bets £119.50 to Villian

This is completely standard for any NL game at any site, tournement, live, you name it. You got caught in between, happens alot. You should have folded on the flop anyway.
Old 08-06-2005, 06:33 AM

[ QUOTE ]

This is completely standard for any NL game at any site, tournement, live, you name it.

[/ QUOTE ]

Ummmmm, how to put this...........no. Here is an excerpt from a general rule list of pot and no limit hold em.

All raises must be equal to or greater than the size of the previous bet or raise on that betting round, except for an all-in wager. A player who has already checked or called may not subsequently raise an all-in bet that is less than the full size of the last bet or raise. (The half-the-size rule for reopening the betting is for limit poker only.) Example: Player A bets $100 and Player B raises $100 more, making the total bet $200. If Player C goes all in for less than $300 total (not a full $100 raise), and Player A calls, then Player B has no option to raise again, because he wasn’t fully raised. (Player A could have raised, because Player B raised.)

[ QUOTE ]
You should have folded on the flop anyway.

[/ QUOTE ]

Did you even read the post? I flopped a pair and a flush draw, no way am I folding for a $12 raise on that flop.
Old 08-06-2005, 06:35 AM

[ QUOTE ]
Yeah...highly unlikely sounds a bit too easy. Party doesnt do that. Play there?

[/ QUOTE ]

Yeah, I normally do. And I will move my business back again if I don't get my 50.5 pounds refunded.
Old 08-06-2005, 07:05 AM

It is highly unlikely that you will receive an answer.

It is damn near impossible that you will receive any money.