Two Plus Two Older Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Older Archives > General Poker Discussion > Brick and Mortar

Old 07-13-2005, 08:52 PM

Default My first B&M cash game trip report - Borgata....

Had to drop someone off at the Phila airport for a 6:00 am flight and decided to go to the Borgata and play some $2/$4.
I had played in tournies many years ago at Trop, but this was my first real B&M cash game. Now I must say I just broke even over 3 hours, but I was pretty happy overall. My goal was to just not get killed and be too nervous. I was "armed" with Ed's book which I clearly must read again and again as I didn't maximize some opportunities. As a matter of fact I played a few hands rather poorly. I was down $70 after 1 1/2 hours and almost quit to grab breakfast, but stayed and won some nice pots to break even overall at $160.

After the first few orbits I settled into the game. In the beginning, I felt like a folding machine while everyone else was just throwing chips around. I was clearly labled tight by a few and many folded several times to my raises -not good (My cards were really bad) Loosened up a bit, and got some cards to boot. Good lord are the players this bad??? There was a female dealer from Harrahs playing on my right. She raised anything and I mean anything from any position. Of course her 10-2os busted my K-10 on a board of 10-6-3-J-2. She was telling me she plays 15-30 on Party and won a lot then lost it all -gee I wonder why. Some memorable hands were my pocket queens beating pocket jacks on a coordinated scary board of AK1083(that was a weird hand and I wish I remembered the details), hitting a set of tens for a nice pot. Rivering a straight(with odds-OESD) against grandma with my suited connector from late position - she misread the board and thought she had a straight.
I most definitely missed some value betting oportunities - quite a few actually. No make that a lot. I'm pissed. Not sure why, maybe just a little too nervous. I definitely need to take a little more time in analyzing the board and not be so quick to just call and see it down. Oh well.. I know - I was distracted by the...........Borgata Babes!
As mentioned by others, The Borgata Babes were quite hot in a Jersey mall-girl-with-big-hair kinda way. Cleavage central. Overall a very fun time and good, friendly table. No sunglasses and 3 minute staredowns. Looks like those people are on the neighboring 1-2 NL tables in droves!
Morning $100 tourney no rebuys was going on - about 95ish people. Lots of the weekly tournies have now been replaced with sats for the upcoming September WPT event. Great room.
I think I'm hooked.......
Old 07-13-2005, 09:26 PM

Default Re: My first B&M cash game trip report - Borgata....

Yeah, Borgata is definitely where it's at. Free top shelf booze, and good looking drink waitresses, if you're into all of those sorts of things. I play there exclusively now.

And yes, the players ARE that loose and bad (or, good--for you--matter of perspective). The 2/4 game is like a .25/.50 or .50/1 online game where you encounter fishie galore.

Good luck, maybe see you there sometime without knowing it [img]/images/graemlins/wink.gif[/img]
Old 07-13-2005, 10:13 PM

It was fun- didn't want to drink at 7:00am lol but will definitely try to make it there within the next two weeks. Prolly mid week afternoonish.
Old 07-14-2005, 06:39 AM

i'd say they are more like .02/.04 players online. 6-8 people in a raised pot is not normal haha. But glad to hear your trip went well and over all you had fun playin 2/4.